What's With The User Interface?

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten involved in this. No one said it’s beyond their ability. I simply said it’s not as easy as people think. Suggesting they should get out of the business is as non-productive as suggesting you should abandon Roon and look elsewhere for your music enjoyment.

For most users I’ve no hesitation recommending LMS + Squeezelite + iPeng or the Android equivalent.

For those wanting more metadata integration I recommend Plex. Pointless buying Roon if all you want to do is browse album covers and press play.

Mods have temporarily closed this thread.

This topic was automatically opened after 11 hours.

This is all I was asking for, some substance behind your posts. It brings up some good points.
[Moderated]
I even agree with quite a few of them, especially the first point.
I will even add:

• Still no vertical scrolling
  • No AppleTV Display app

Now I will get back to my blind adulation.

How Roon, do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
And so on…

:grin:

And let me guess, all the points I raised were revelations you’d not seen umpteen times before on this very forum.

There aren’t many (if any) bugs on that list - it’s a wish-list.

A bug is where something isn’t doing what it was supposed to do. Your list seems to be a of things that you wish Roon did, or did better. Those aren’t bugs or issues they are misguided expectations.

There’s a few things on that list I’d quite like to see implemented too, but that shouldn’t be confused with bugs that could be “fixed”.

2 Likes

Did I say that particular list was a bug list? I mentioned two bugs therein.

All you’ve done throughout this post is mention bugs!

So what bugs aren’t getting fixed?

2 Likes

Well, bugs don’t get fixed. Thats a fact. Unless it’s a dealbreaker bug like that Tidal favourites stuff, it just doesnt get fixed.

• Roon eating Mac CPU? Not fixed since a year.
  • Imgur sharing? Not fixed since a year
  • Track credits on playlist inconsistencies? Not fixed since 5 years

Just three out of douzends.

1 Like

Hi I’ve tried both of those options, in fact I tried way more than those over a year and personally Roon is still my favourite. I could spend time listing it all out, pros and cons, etc, but I think it’s better just to listen to music and vote with my wallet.

I have to admit I feel a bit worried. Seems resources got reduced and reply to bugs left alone fixes are delayed.
So no idea if they finally address the UI/UX relaunch anytime soon or keep postponing it.

They have been adding people, not reducing.

1 Like

Well, they were looking for people - no confirmation they increase headcount. Don’t know either what happened due to Corona etc.
For example still got no feedback from support about not usable iPhone X remote app (keeps crashing all the time).

At least the volume control is accessible without having to find a tiny icon on the bottom that has to be clicked to access the volume control. Show a new user Sonos. They can figure out the interface in seconds. Give them roon they can’t figure out anything , least of all how to adjust volume!

The volume control in Roon simply emulates the Windows standard. Is that good or bad? I don’t know, I guess it depends on how you feel about Windows.

1 Like

This is what’s coming in the redesigned UI.
qwlzbka

JK!

1 Like

I’m sure this has been posted before, but talking of the next volume control for Roon…

4 Likes

IMO the worst part is lack of a universal filter and/or focus. When I open Roon, I want to be able to immediately find something no matter where I left off. I love Roon for what it does, but like the OP said it’s becoming more and more a frustrating maze of add ons, back buttons, buried menus and sub menus, and ‘view alls.’ I’m a lifer, and I just bought a Roon only opticalRendu, so no huffy I’m going elsewhere fits for me, but I just wish it was more user friendly.

Very clever.