Why I will not buy Roon

I am a Roon lifelong subscriber. I didn’t went through thousands of post about the discussion of its running, that’s simply too much. I actually don’t like something from Roon:

1. It will never set up a ‘folder’ view for those who don’t have the time to organize music HER WAY. I endup using Foobar more often.

2. I heard some non-Roon-ready devices which could be identifiable and could run with Roon, were barred from connecting to Roon since AUG (?) 2019. I was stunned by that news.

Roon has been saying it has to find a way to survive and make it profitable - no one could know the validity of this claim unless you are inside the financial core of the company. I really can’t say any comment on this.

But from my two points stated above, me, as an average user, I have the feeling that Roon likes to create a ‘zone’ which bar people out (Roon-ready) rather than let people in. This ‘Roon-ready’ thing, to me, isn’t purely a technical issue. In a world celebrating diversity and inclusion, I hope the company won’t make the worst use of ‘Roon-ready’.

Simply put, blame less about those who are not Roon-ready, or audio manufacturers that don’t even have a chance to be considered as Roon-ready. Roon-ready itself is something beyond technical.

My two cents.

3 Likes