Why I will not buy Roon

There only one reason: do not have the money to pay for It.

If you have, buy It, and you will not regret.

Yes, It is expensive. But value…

Roon should either announce a date for a price increase and/or an end date for lifetime subs. This would get a lot of people off the fence and help them financially.

1 Like

No.

@danny already explained why, multiple times.

In his words:

“If you have the cash and want the lifetime, go for it while it lasts. If you don’t, the annual is the right thing for you (and for us)…”

Clear 'nuff ?

3 Likes

Just when I think I can guess which way a thread is going to go I get treated to pathways I could never have imagined!

1 Like

Well there’s a constant here that as a thread grows longer, the probability of someone bringing up lifetime, MQA, or folder browsing approaches one :wink:

13 Likes

I own 201 LP’s, 124 Cassettes, and 1,370 CD’s and maybe 5 digital downloads. All my CD’s are rip to FLAC to listen through ROON. I am digitizing some of my LP’s as well. I love ROON for many things but on most days I spin LP’s, play CD’s, and stream with ROON, Qubuz, or UPnN. They all have there place and while my collection is greater then some it pales to others. I never have enough time in the day to listen to all the different artists I would like.

1 Like

Fascinating…

6 posts were split to a new topic: I’ve never understood ripping vinyl

Interesting thread. I use Roon with a ~200K track library, and have also recognized a bit of “mission drift” in the radio feature as it gets deeper into a session. Not always and not with everything. I often use this feature with pretty obscure world music tracks as seeds, so the problem, I suspect, is just a poverty of tracks Roon knows to be similar.

One example I’d give that I think works somewhat better within a library is the old Subsonic branch called musiccabinet, which used last.fm affinity data to drive it’s choices, I believe. It worked very well, I thought.

Funny reading through the ridiculous complaints. Some folks will never be happy. Long live Roon.

4 Likes

Some are not ridiculous. Still a good program overall.

1 Like