Why use Roon instead of just Tidal?

+1 works for me

Thanks. I don’t want to sacrifice sound quality so that’s not an option. I guess that’s the price you pay for good quality audio, never had these issues with Apple Music lol.

I can use a laptop occasionally so I’ve ordered one and I’m going to connect to Ethernet and use it for a “server” most of the time. Hopefully this will take care of my issues. I did experiment with zones yesterday straightening up the house, kinda cool having same thing playing up and downstairs.

I use Roon for my listening room set up and for the metadata. For private headphone listening, I use an Android Tablet running USB Audio Pro App, with Audioquest Cobalt and a very nice pair of IEMs. Sounds might fine. I’m glad to have Roon but I don’t need it for musical enjoyment per se.

For casual listening in every room of the house in perfect sync, voice control, radio playlist feature for the cost of Roon for 1 year. Echo Dot gen2. Use tidal for your main system.

Roon is no longer listening to their customers. They still have not provided remote access and voice integration with Alexa and don’t seem to have any desire to do so.

I don’t think you actually know who Roon is listening to or what their desires are.

RAAT, read up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.