WiFi disappears after a day?

@Dan_Knight Are you using this (the RPi Zero W) with Roon?

Yep, i have Roon and MPD+YMPD running with this device and script.

My 2 cents - Iā€™m using DietPi static IP and reserving that same IP in my router software. Never had a problem; my 3 Rpis have been up and connected for over 3 months.

My unabashed envy for living in the Dutch countryside.

Even reconnecting after a power outage?

Never had that problem. I can test. Will dis/reconneccting a Pi serve as a test? Or should I power down router?

Power down the router and the Pi, bring the pi back up first, then the router.

Sorry for the long delay in replying to your post, but just wanted to say that I installed your script, and that has provided a good workaround to the issue. I donā€™t know why the WiFi connection drops - all the other WiFi connections on other devices seem fine - but your script keeps things running. Thanks.

hi guys,

sorry to reactivate an old thread but I have the same symptoms like @Geoff_Coupe back in 2017.

I own a RPi v3 (Model B) running DietPi v6.28 and Roon Bridge. The RPi is connected with WiFi (not the built in WiFi but an external dongle) and there is no way of using a wired connection now. I use UniFi network components (Router and Access Points). I am using DHCP in the network settings but in the UniFi configuration I assigned a fixed IP address to the RPi.

The WiFi connection is lost frequently (every 8 to 24 hours I would say - mostly after longer periods of inactivity). After rebooting the RPi itā€™s all good and the system works fine.

I was starting to implementing the script mentioned in this thread. While doing that I saw that there is already a service ā€œdietpi-wifi-monitor.serviceā€ present in my /etc/systemd/system folder. I was wondering if this workaround script was added by @Dan_Knight to a later release and therefor the script from 2017 is no longer necessary.

Any help on this would be highly apprechiated.

regards,
pj

My final update on this issueā€¦ I was not able to solve my WiFi problems with my DietPi installation. I switched to Ropieee with the same hardware and got stable WiFi for almost two weeks now.

1 Like