Will Roon ever be supporting MQA? [Answered - Now Live Roon 1.5]

Same was said about Uber (essentially a tech platform that connects drivers to passengers via a mobile platform) - and that technology disrupted the taxi industry. Now uber is now easyly being disrupted by other players . It lost out in china and other countries to Taxify and Ola

MQA is just the beginning of what is to come in terms of H Res audio - it has created excitement in the industry, I think this will trigger other forms of streaming technology which will either disrupt or complement MQA.

There is little or no chance of MQA monopolising the space, it simply cannot be done in this day and age of technology where one cannot keep up with innovations (see my examples in the video space which will completely change how data is streamed or speakers that will enerate sound waves directly from a digital audio stream using low cost micro-electromechanical structures (MEMS)).

MQA is just the spark the industry needed as streaming is now the main form of delivery of audio to the mass market - we will see much more in this space, and I attribute this to MQA.

1 Like