With ROCK, how do I find cpu temperature?

Thanks, @Katun. Good thought. I previously throttled to 99% in Windows Advanced Power Settings, but that brought down the headroom to 1.2-1.4x as was shown earlier in this thread. I can set CPU limits and fan cooling through BIOS, instead, and monitor the headroom level afterwards.

1 Like

Try turning Turbo Boost off in BIOS settings, CPU frequency will be fixed probably at 1.6 GHz and this should be enough for a comfortable 2.0x processing speed. Constant and low CPU frequency is always preferred for various reasons.

Please explain? Why would you want to “drive your car full throttle and control speed by braking”?

And @Mike_Rubin, did you exchange the whole NUC or just the barebone? (I.e. did you keep the RAM/m.2?) I still feel it’s underperforming dramatically…

Kept the RAM. New chassis and, because of an unrelated price protection issue, new nvme drive. I don’t think I can exchange the RAM at this point.

It’s wrong analogy. The correct analogy in this case is not to use NOS when riding a car when it is not necessary. :wink:

1 Like

I used a 2.8 KB blower plus 100 shot (9.15 @ 150.55, 2000 Mustang GT).

Just ran across this on another site. They haven’t tested the current NUC i7, so I can’t compare Gen 8 i7 versus Gen 10 i7, but this might explain why your Gen 8 i3’s outperform my Gen 10 i7 and why mine doesn’t perform as many expect.

Hi Mike

Unfortunately, this kind of benchmarking of CPU’s only tell you half of the story, as it is the applications that are responsible on hwo they make use of all that power.
Roon is limiting/limited in the number of cores are used, i.e. that presumably it will not be the most powerfull CPU that will offer the best performance with Roon.
Your better off with a high single CPU performance (with less cores) than with lower CPU performance with a lot of cores.
Dirk

2 Likes