Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

We have a lot of equipment in Neenah, Oshkosh, New London and Rhinelander.
So get to spend a fair bit of time up here over the last 20 years.

1 Like

We’ll see 'em soon , one nests in our patio roof

The maize was harvested in the field next to the house this morning. You can see how dry it has been this summer.

(still taken from a drone video)

19 Likes

Remembers me of my youth. Now you hardly see this here any more …

1 Like

Another shot from last night.
This is is a large semi natural bird sanctuary and they built these “falls” which are popular with the feathered friends.

It was extremely pleasant to finish of a depressing work week with this walk around the sanctuary in glorious Wisconsin summer evening weather.
Made everything better :relaxed:

13 Likes

I’ve spent many a pleasant and fun night in Milwaukee, Geneva, and the surrounds. There used to be a bar called the SafeHouse in Milwaukee, not sure if it is still there, that used to be a wonderfully fun place.

Rainy day

19 Likes

What camera?

Nikon D80, but I don’t remember what camera lens I used.

Memories of recent (relatively) adventures, Aba Dablam, Sagarmata National Park, Nepal.
Camera Sony TG3.

17 Likes

Would be nice if we could also have some rain here…

LD

Amaizing shot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And Mondays.

Recent walk on one of my favorite local trails

10 Likes

Radio Observatory, Owens Valley, CA

15 Likes

2 from today’s walk

Hautes Fagnes, Belgium
both shot on Sony a6000, Sigma 16mm f1.4

10 Likes

This thing was at the bottom of my pool skimmer. Meaning underwater! I ducked into the shade to crop on the picture and text it to my wife. When I came back poolside it was crawling away, WHAT!?!?

Some quick googling and I learned that certain types of wolf spiders can change their metabolism from aerobic to anaerobic and live underwater for up to 40 hours. Crazy

My wife says we need to sell the house knowing that thing is living in the backyard :rofl:

13 Likes

Reminded me of Ayesgrath Falls in Yorkshire, just before I slipped into the water. I kept the camera above my head until my wife could rescue it . I was a close second , the camera was expensive clearly I was expendable .

I still have the sweatshirt I needed to buy

Bronica 645 50mm 2.8 Ilford FP4

In my Ansel Adams period :sunglasses:

15 Likes

15 Likes

A tiny one :rofl:

We get things called Rain Spiders actually in the house they look really scary but harmless .

Google Parktown Prawn , I get these in my pool regularly , bit like Quatermass …

8 Likes