A LOT of albums are missing

Hi Adam,

Try now.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Dabrowski ---- I wanted to reach out to confirm that I have had a chance to complete my testing with the content you’ve provided. Thank you again for the samples.

I was able to mount a network storage device in Roon and have your content be seen and imported successfully by the application. To clarify, and my apologies for the confusion, you have confirmed that these albums can be seen when moved to local storage, correct?

-Eric

yes that’s correct.

@Eric just so you know I did a fresh Mac OS X installation and it didn’t help.

Hi @Adam_Dabrowski ---- Thank you for confirming that information for me and sharing your most recent observations, after the OS X installation. I caught up with my developers today and had a chance to discuss this issue with them. I would like to gather some logs from you, but first can you please provide the following:

1. A screen shot of the folder structure on your NAS that contains your media.

2. I remember seeing this info in the screen shots but would like to re-confirm the path that you are using in Roon to mount the NAS. No need for another screen shot, if you could just type it out, that would be very appreciated. Thanks!

3. Also, I noticed from the screen grab that only 125 tracks had been imported and in your posts you mention the following:

Post# 3 - “all of my music (mostly tagged WAVs) is on Synology NAS (ex4 file system)”

Post #11 - “My library consists over 12k tracks. Only 2k tracks were imported”

Is your music being pulled from any other locations besides the NAS?

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi @Eric

re 1.

re 2.
smb://DiskStation/music (\DiskStation\music)

re 3.
that’s the whole problem!
just NAS and just smb://DiskStation/music

@Eric
it actually “died” today. It can’t import any files.
there is an red error messaged but it flashes to quickly - I can’t read it.
Is there any log file?

Does it make any difference if you replace the hostname (“DiskStation”) in your smb path by the corresponding IP address?
(Just a shot in the dark…)

You could try to capture the error message as a movie with QuickTime Player X (preinstalled) and go frame by frame until you can read the error message.

it works now… thank you for the tip!

sadly it’s like before. 2476 files instead 12000+

Hi @Adam_Dabrowski ---- My apologies for the slow response, I am glad to hear that using an IP address restored communication with the NAS. My feeling is that the import process is getting hung up on a file or several.

Moving forward, I would like to grab some logs from you so we can take a closer look at what may be happening here and will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

Furthermore, as a small test. Could you please try moving an album that is on your NAS but not showing up in ROON, up a level or two in the folder structure to see if it can be identified. Thanks!

-Eric

@Eric
I move it and it didn’t work.

@Adam_Dabrowski ----- Thank you for giving that shot for me. Let me know when the logs are up and we’ll have a look.

-Eric

@Eric How to get the logs?

@Adam_Dabrowski ---- Here is a link to the PM I sent you.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-lot-of-albums-are-missing/15242

-Eric