Server needs to be restarted often

Thanks Harry (@Harryup) !

I see you’ve started giving us some details of your setup (MacMini i7 quadcore 16GB Sierra latest build, Roon Server build 161. 32951 albums) and a description of the issue you are running into :clap: :thumbsup: This information is greatly appreciated!

Moving forward, there are various reasons why a user may be experiencing audio dropouts during playback (as seen in the provided link). Dropouts more times than not, usually point to some kind of performance or hardware issue. With this in mind, I would like to kindly ask you for the following:

1. Can you please expand a bit more on your setup description, as seen here. I would like to understand exactly what gear you are working with. The more detailed you can be, the better :sunglasses:

2. Please provide a description of your network configuration. How are your device communicating (WiFi, Ethernet, both)? What equipment is being used (routers, repeaters , extenders, powerline adaptors)?

3. Have you always experienced this issue or did this start to happening recently? If this is indeed, a recent observation can you think of any changes that may have been made to your setup or network (new gear, new networking hardware, OS updates, firmware / driver updates etc)?

4. Is this skipping issue present while playing a variety of audio codecs / bit rates OR is it more prominent to a specific codec / bit rate?

5. Can you think of any behaviors or patterns that causes this skipping to happen?

-Eric