Unlist this thread

Hi @Vince_DF — Thank you for your patience and my sincere apologies for the wait.

Our team has been discussing internally to try and determine what the next steps should be here in addressing this behavior your’ve reported to us. Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please perform the following tests:

1. Outside of Roon can you please confirm that Windows Media Player is installed, and you are able to successfully playback MP3 content in that application.

2. I would like you to please download (and launch) the following test utility on your Win 10 ENT N machine. This utility was created created by our developers and determines if the codec’s Roon requires are properly installed on the machine.

Let me know how it goes!
-Eric

Thank you for your response; I’m sorry I didn’t see it sooner. Windows Media Player is not installed and it costs $15 to download Windows DVD. I copied some .mp3 files onto the affected Windows systems and none of them know how to open them.

Your test utility says, “Roon can run on this machine? False” Clearly that is true after the upgrade, but Roon did run before the creator upgrade.

Regards,
Vince

I’m willing to pay for Windows DVD, if you think it will fix things.

Where are you seeing this? Can you post a link or screenshot?

Windows Media Player should be a free add-on to Windows N, as part of the Media Pack.

Also, could you try installing this Media Pack:

Gosh, I wish you’d figure out how to send e-mail notifications to a watcher. Is that really so unimportant to you? In any event, it means more to me than it does to you, but I only just saw you reply. I am willing to answer questions, but I have grow weary of having to check to see if you asked a question. Your next message must e sent to my e-mail.

You get your reply when I see a message in my e-mail.

Oh, by the way, a lot of this problem goes away when your so called moderator bans the one who posted “some people are never satisfied”. As long as that is an acceptable post to your forums, your forums are not an acceptable support venue. You cost $500, three times what a Windows license costs. Step up.

To make sure you get an email, make sure your preferences on the forum are set correctly.

Click your avatar and then the gear icon. Then under Preferences, click Emails on the left column. Now under Emails, make sure everything is checked, including “when active on site”.

When someone like @mike or others replies to your message, you should eventually get an email.

btw, in order for Mike to be notified of your post, you must click Reply on his message, which he did for you. In your last three messages, it looks like you clicked Reply at the bottom of the thread, which won’t notify Mike.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Ensuring the Community site is functioning properly is a big priority for us @Vince_DF – if you think something isn’t working as expected we can definitely look into it for you.

Can you confirm what you have your email notification preferences set to, and which options you’ve tried – I can follow up with the company that makes our Community site’s software once I know which settings aren’t working like you expect.

Thanks!

Ah! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016817/media-feature-pack-for-n-edition-of-windows-10-version-1703-april-2017 did the trick! That looks like a different installer for kb3133719 than the one I originally used. Thanks for tracking this down!