1.5 Version Tab

Thanks Dylan that helps…but… :wink:

I also have two copies of Marillion’s Radiation. Both have identical track listings, and both only 1 disc.
These still did not show the versions tab.

Also, even if I go through the manual process to group alternate albums together - they still display individually in the artist/album browser - though when selecting either they then show the versions tab.

None of this particularly bothers me by the way, but I thought I should report what I’m seeing :slight_smile:
D

Hey @Damian_Boys — Gotcha, thanks for the clarification there.

I’m thinking it would be helpful if I could get a copy of the media so I can attempt to replicate this behavior in-house and get a better idea of why you might be experiencing this behavior. I’ll send you a PM with the details on how to send the media shortly.

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan

Ok I can do that - but just before I do (and I probably can’t get to that until Tuesday) some more info, in case it’s helpful and in case this is a particularly rare case etc.

I decided to delete both copies of Radiation and import them again to see if it made any difference, and I also noticed when doing this more interesting info about this album/case.

The original album of course is 1 disk, and just called ‘Radiation’. The re-release is called Radiation 2013 and has 2 discs - the new version and a copy of the old version.

I first ripped Radiation 2013 to the ‘downloads’ folder via my iMac. When ripping it, it identifies it as disc 1 (as it it disc 1 of 2). (I did not rip disc 2 - the original version - from this copy).

I then ripped the original copy of Radiation via the Naim Uniti Star (which puts the files in the Music folder). I noticed however that it seemed to identify it also as Radiation 2013, but as disc 2.

When both newly ripped, they both appear in Roon as Radiation 2013. If I edit the original album and click ‘identify’, it provides 3 options. 2 are totally incorrect and the other is Radiation 2013. It does not seem to have information on the original version of Radiation.

Could this be why it does not recognise them as different versions?

Thanks!

Damian