1.536mhz PCM / DSD1024 support

I agree that simply passing through is possible. But if you can do the numbers from a Roon core perspective you also need to be able to transcode to DSD1024/PCM1536 if desired I would have thought. It is that I suspect a Nucleus+ rev. B can’t do.

Actual playback from a local WAV file is no challenge either. Can also do that even on a raspberry pi. Compute power is absolutely not the limit as even just the most basic of DSD modulators that Roon runs requires orders of magnitude more compute power.

Though even if it were the limit, restricting features available in roon because the Nucleus itself cannot handle something would be silly given as the majority of Roon users don’t use one.

2 Likes

I too would like to add my voice to request this feature please. I have a growing library of upsampled PGGB music and would like to continue to be able to use Roon for it.

3 Likes

I strongly support this feature, and have added my vote.

@GoldenSound, since the motivation for this feature is software upsampling tools like PGGB and HQPlayer Pro, have you also noticed that 48k DSDxxx files created by HQP Pro are also not recognized by Roon, even though many DACs are capable of playing them?

2 Likes

I agree with this feature. roon should be a thought leader for ultra high res audio.

3 Likes

Agreed - I hope Roon adds this feature.

2 Likes

+1. I’ve got a Holo May and I’d love to have Roon be able to play these ultra-high resolution files (32fs+, DSD1024+).

2 Likes

And also x48 family! Currently Roon only supports x44.1 on DSD, while May would have support for both.

1 Like