1.7 update eliminated artist-specific "shuffle" option within my artist-specific tracks?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows laptop (wireless connection), Qobuz Hi-Res Premium (or whatever it’s called), roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Powernode2i (wireless) & Vault2i (LAN connection, ungrouped in Bluesound)

Unless it’s me, the update to Roon 1.7 eliminated the “Shuffle” option when viewing my artist-specific tracks/albums page. It used to be the default option and now “Play” is the default and no shuffle option even within the drop-down. For example (see screenshot), Kate Bush, where I used to be able to shuffle all the songs in my library of her music (as opposed to all the Kate Bush songs in the entire Qobuz database), now I can’t and I’m unhappy to be forced to play the songs in order of a queue listing, start to finish. Meanwhile, I notice that I still have the “Shuffle” option when viewing all my tracks (my entire 5400-song library) - HELP!! kate%20bush%20artist%20page%20-%20screen%20shot|666x500

Hi @Keith_Ewing,

By default, Roon 1.7 uses the new Artist Play feature when pressing play on an artist page. You can read more about this in our release notes.

By going to Settings > Play Actions, you can enable Shuffle once more for Artists as seen below:

1 Like

Learn something new…

GREAT! - thanks for the help!

1 Like