2 Questions: Tidal Artist(s) Top Songs and Radio?

I am new to Roon and Tidal.

I have 2 questions…

1. Does Roon/Tidal have an area which will pull up the artist(s) top songs and play them automatically? I have not been able to locate this.

2. When playing a “radio” station of similar artists Roon only seems to use my catalog on my NAS. Is there a way to use only Tidal? Or a mixture of Tidal and my catalog?

I love the quality of Roon and Tidal however I miss the ease of use of something like Google Music when just playing the artist radio and their top songs.

No answers or insight to this question?

Hi @Adam_Lye.

1. There is a small “Top Tracks” section for each artist, but I don’t think it’s really what you are looking for.

2. Not yet

However, this is exactly the direction in which we are headed for radio. This recent post from our CTO @brian may help.

Thanks for the reply.

How do we petition Tidal for a top tracks section?

I think this omission is a HUGE weakness for Tidal and I bet that for many people that try Tidal, Spotify, Google Music, etc they aren’t going to use Tidal perhaps for this omission alone.

In other words I think Tidal either needs to add this to their service or will go the way of the dinosaur.

Funny, I just logged on to ask this very question. Has been a HUGE frustration trying to use Roon/Tidal.

I frequently listen to Pandora for “artist radio”, and love the ability to easily say, “play bob marley radio”, etc, ESPECIALLY the ability to mix artists for a custom radio channel. This is vital

Honestly, it would be optimal to have this with Tidal (considering what I pay for Tidal every month and paid for Roon), but even if you can give me my (free) Pandora radio stations I’d be thrilled.

My question is how is Tidal going to ever expect to make it without this vital feature? They are a sinking ship without it. Thank God I’m paying monthly and didn’t get suckered into a lifetime subscription for Tidal. I don’t think it will be around for long. I wouldn’t use it other than the HiFi aspect and I’d imagine I’m in the 1% that are looking for that feature.

This feature doesn’t have to be provided by TIDAL. It’s a natural extension of TIDAL-wide radio which is on our roadmap.

In my opinion if you add something like this to Tidal people will be even more interested in using Roon+Tidal

1 Like

Tidal has top tracks per artist. Click on an artist in the Tidal app and “top tracks” is the first thing you see on the artist page.

Roon doesn’t seem to use that information though in its own top tracks. I posted about it at Better TIDAL Top tracks and came to this thread by searching about this topic…