2 separate libraries

Of course… with their own storage settings, each user could add the same (smb/local) drive, and exclude folders, or whatever. Storage settings are the library root. Different profile, different library.

2 Likes

One year passed since I posted and I was wondering if it is something that’s been looked over at Roon. Anyone using the beta saw something like 2 separate libraries, by any chance?

The beta guys are sworn to secrecy. They’d be shot…or worse, if they revealed next improvements.

Hello there

Sorry for bumping again this thread but I have a similar use-case.

I’m back at my parents place and I use Roon for myself upstairs. In the living room, I will recycle a Mac mini 2014 and planning to have 2 separate libraries.

Am I correct to assume that if I need Roon, I must buy a second subscription?

Still no separate libraries possible?

Or I would need to disconnect and reconnect every time?

I really wish the next version of Roon could answer this use-case.

No. If you are not planning to run the two Roon’s simultaneously, then you only need one license.

De-authorize then authorize your Core machines as appropriate.

You can always have two separate Roon libraries. In fact, if you install Roon on two different Core machines that will happen anyway.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring for this whole separate libraries thing.

Personally, all I want is the ability to tie specific libraries to specific profiles. I.e. I choose my profile from the menu and then I can select via Storage which folders I want to link. If I switch profiles, the libraries should automatically switch with no crossover.

That ease of use would make Roon pretty much 100% all I need.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: One machine running two Roon Core - Possible?

Roon really needs separate libraries per user. I don’t want other users polluting my carefully curated music library. This is the biggest feature needing development. I’m completely happy with everything else.

Still no news on this front?

Now that Roon is willing to reconsider some ignored feature requests, would this one be on the list, not to far from the top priorities?

1 Like