2FA for login community & Roonlabs account

I’m using roon arc under vpn with wireguard. It works well and it’s more safe

For the newly merged posts, don’t forget to actually vote at the top.:+1:

What are you really worried about here? I guess someone could delete your local files, wouldn’t that be the worst case? You do all have a backup don’t you?

Other than that someone could use up your internal bandwidth I guess but is that a real problem and would you not pick up on it pretty quickly.

Unless there is anything worse than this then I don’t think I would bother with this hassle of 2FA. A strong password seems sufficient.

1 Like

That’s your prerogative, but how are you even reading this if no ports are open? Security is always a balance between utility and risk.

1 Like

I don’t think my post called for your sarcastic response. I am well aware of the balance between utility and risk. This is a brand new implementation and as such represents a security risk, as does opening any port to the outside world. Try opening up your NAS to the outside, and get ready for the port scans and access attempts. There are plenty of people here that understand network security and can implement the appropriate measures to minimise an attack surface. There are also plenty of people here who do not……

1 Like

Well, locking stuff down is only a solution if you don’t want to use it… that was my point, but its off topic.

1 Like

Voted. I think it is a real oversight that this has not yet been implemented as the security benefits of 2FA are indisputable and have been so for years.

1 Like

I’m one of them who would appreciate 2FA get implemented :slight_smile: It’s more necessary now than ever.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed, I would like this too.

Agreed, I would also like this to be added. I am one of those that have unique passwords for every account, generated by my password app. I would still appreciate the additional security of MFA using TOTP. I’m guessing passkey will be getting traction in the future but not quite there yet.

Everyone’s sensitivity and concern over security is different/personal/unique. With Roon ARC now providing access in to our Roon Server’s while we’re out off the network, my thinking is the value of additional security has increased…

1 Like