A graduated price list for Roon?

Hallo!

If you only use Roon with the ROCK operating system, I think it is too expensive.

I don’t want Qobuz, Tidal, Roon Arc. and etc. I just want to listen to my music only at home.

Now I pay for all the developments that I don’t use at all and don’t want either. Wouldn’t it be fair to make a graduated price list? What do you think about that?

Bye Armin

That’s what the Elac discovery series gives. One off cost but cut down abilities

A very good example for why Roon may not be too eager to go there again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t vote with you mate. A graduated fee scale would necessarily involve graduated Roon versions, adding to what I regard as a stretched programming unit.

Hallo John_V. Of course there has to be another slimmed down Roon version. I think that’s fine. With other programs you can also choose the version.

Thanks for the hint. I didn’t find that.

Another way of looking at it is those rich feature sets are attracting a wider customer base which helps Roon to grow, which in turn yields economies of scale …and helps keep the costs down.

I’ve been using Roon since before it was called Roon and one thing I know about the guys that run the company is they have little interest in going down this path.

At the end of the day it’s down to each of us as individuals to determine if Roon is worth the price.

Either way I wish you well in your journey, enjoying the music is what really counts.

1 Like

Thank you. But nothing works without money. And if you don’t have much… I use little because I don’t need it and pay a lot. Should this be the right way to make it cheaper for everyone? I’m not sure. Actually, the only thing I like about Roon is the operating system because the music quality generated with it is excellent.
But I don’t want controversy, I’m interested in your opinion. Thank you for that.

How about you release a much less expensive “Roon Lite” or somesuch that simply provides a front end for streaming?

This. I just let my subscription lapse because I’m overpaying for things I don’t need and lacking things that I would be happy to pay for.

Aren’t the Qobuz app or the Tidal app “front end (s) for streaming?”