A guide how to do room correction and use it in Roon

All,

I read your responses to my question about step 12. I must be missing something from the previous steps. For example, I select the measurement for my left speaker in REW’s main window. I then open the EQ window and follow all the instructions outlined in step 11. I then proceed to step 12 and make a few manual changes to the eq filters.

At this point is where I get confused. If I close the EQ window (X out of it), my EQd left speaker measurement does not automatically show up in REWs main window. The only way I can get the EQd measurement to show up in REWs main window is to select “Generate measurement from filters” at the bottom of the filter tasks window. When I do this, a new measurement pops up in REWs main window. I then do the same thing for the right speaker EQ and them make sure I have both of these eq filter measurements selected when I go to export an .wav impluse response file.

I generate a separate stereo .wav file for each sampling frequency I am going to use in Roon and then zip them up and load into the Roon convolution DSP. It seems to do something positive for the sound. I hope I am going in the right direction?