Accented characters (conductors)

Using the unaccented version of the conductor, Jesus Lopez Cobos, I was not able to get an identification for this album but with the accented version, Jesús López Cobos I was.

I was surprised by this. Is his sort of equivalence case just being treated on a case by case basis as they arise? Surely there is a better way of doing this.

My experience is that sometimes accenting characters is not necessary but in other cases like this one it is. Depending on you keyboard accenting characters can be non-trivial or at least awkward. I have a UK ASCII keyboard and my windows 10 is localised to Irish English. A lot of the time the easiest thing to do is to google for the accented version and cut and paste, but it is time consuming and awkward. Handling of accented characters should be more predictable and easier than this.

1 Like

Hey @Tony_Casey,

Thanks for the report. We have opened a ticket for the team to investigate possible changes here. This is something we hope to improve in the future.

We appreciate the feedback!

Is there news on this issue please?

I have been fighting with Jiří Bělohlávek, Jirí Belohlávek and every possible variant of his name.

Sorry George, I certainly never heard anything directly. I am still getting to grips with 1.7. and there have certainly been some welcome additions to Classical music handling. I have the impression that credit handling generally has been greatly improved especially with Qobuz. Whether as part of the new release ‘equivalents’ handling in this specific use case of accented characters was tightened up, I don’t know. Maybe @dylan can comment?

1 Like

Thanks. I love the ROONALBUMTAG. It solves a lot of problems in a classical music collection.