Accidentally set Roon Bridge (Linux) zone to private

Does anyone know how I can restore this zone? It’s on Linux, so no GUI is available on the device.

Okay, I’m back …

It took some figuring, and I lost about 36 hours of play history as I needed to restore from my last backup. Things are slightly complicated on a Linux desktop as there is no GUI, and in my case, Roon running under Wine, with associated outputs that just don’t work well as they use the OS mixer. In addition, I had a second Roon server on Early Access running natively under Linux.

Here’s what I had to do.

1. Stop Roon Bridge and Roon Server on the laptop, and disable the EA server:
systemctl stop roonserver.service
systemctl disable roonserver.service
systemctl stop roonbridge.service
  1. Stop Roon Server on my NUC (optional).

Working this through, I moved the contents of /opt/RoonServer and /var/roon to another location before reinstalling Roon Server using the easy installer. I don’t think these steps are necessary, so jump to step 3.

systemctl stop roonserver.service
  1. Restore the most recent backup

I’ll be moving to a 24 backup regime now.

Moved to Linux

2 Likes

Could you just not have deleted/renamed RAAT server? it holds the device settings I believe.

Essentially, that’s what I did, although I’d already committed to restoring a backup. Furthermore, the second Roon Server instance on the same device as Roon Bridge masked the audio devices until this was disabled.

However, I may try what you suggest over the weekend (after doing a backup.)

I didn’t know this, but would have thought the database held such information.

1 Like

I figured i’d answer you yesterday, but didn’t
There is a folder which contain all zones and their settings and the subfolders represent each zone, named with a guid-like string.
I am almost certain you could have removed the corresponding folder and you would have seen it again. Zone information must surely be held at the Core, right?

1 Like

That’ really helpful, @Mikael_Ollars. I’ll take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.