Active MUSE indication

Hello roon team,

Can we maybe just have an optional active MUSE indicator in the bottom panel?

This is a good idea. The two Muse features I sometimes turn on and off are the EQ and the Crossfeed, each of these features has an icon in Muse, it would be neat if an icon could be illuminated when these features are in use.

1 Like

Well, you basically have such with the indicator light. If you hover and it says lossless then you can be sure there is no DSP going on. If it says Enhanced or anything else, then there probably is DSP going on. And you can click it to see the signal path which will tell you exactly what is happening to the audio stream.

2 Likes

This would be useful if these icons were clickable to disable/enable the particular DSP feature. As @Rugby says, the indication is readily available with one click.

2 Likes

I am aware of the signal path indication, but there is still a lack of information, and not visible at first glance.

But it is?
Unless you have a special set of output devices, the signal path indicator will, at a glance, tell you whether DSP is being applied or not:
Off

…and On:

Not sure i want the clutter associated with a description of all DSP going on. It’s already there, and the Signal path will reveal all details.
Good enough to me!
Anyways, sorry for debating over your desired feature…

1 Like

I’d love to have a quick glance of the currently active MUSE profile, but I don’t think that place next to the Zone is the most appropriate for it. I think it’d be much more appropriate to have it on the signal path panel, perhaps below the zone name indicator there.

If you have two (or more) DSP-enabled MUSE profiles you commonly use on the same zone, say one for headphones on your pre-amp and another for speakers on the amplifier fed by that pre-amp… The “enhanced” light wouldn’t give you much insight into which is on.

I agree that having the MUSE profile next to the zone button clutters the view a lot, but maybe it could be displayed inside the signal path panel?

1 Like

Now I have to click several times to change the MUSE settings. This could be reduced to 2 if the preset arrow with the name of the currently applied MUSE is displayed next to the zone icon. One more icon is not a clutter, at least for me.

1 Like

I have rethunk the proposition, and i think it might be of use.
A selection to either select one of the presets from a list, on the current zone, maybe on the Zone-selector?

But i think it might be better hidden under either the zone settings (speaker icon bottom right) or top of the signal path, sort of unfolding the Muse settings

1 Like

I still think the signal path panel is more contextually related to displaying the active MUSE preset, since it displays all information regarding the audio signal, including which zone is active (with a click-link to open MUSE). That would however be one click further than what you seem to want.

Still I think we need to differentiate what is our priority need here, to be shown the active MUSE preset or to be able to switch it (and perhaps both).

1 Like

I want to have it because I use two devices but switch between several headphones. Instantly seeing the current MUSE setting will be great information for me. And as a bonus, easily changing the MUSE setting will be great.