Add "randomize" sorting to album view

Yeap. Still want this and no reply.

You know, Roon does not reply to feature request.

I am well aware. But keeping it alive means more people can vote on top.

1 Like

I still use ‘Discover’ to “re-find” albums and artists in my collection that I’ve totally forgotten about. I would love to see ‘Discover’ revitalized for this purpose or perhaps additional ‘focus’ capability in the album view to simiulate flipping though my album library to rediscover long-lost albums or artists. Sometimes what I’m most looking for are long-lost memories embedded in albums in my collection I have haven’t listened to in ages.

I don’t know exactly what to vote for on this, but I’ll know it when I see it.

Simple description:

I’d like to go to the Album view, select a Focus (eg Blues), and choose sorting to be “Random”.

If this sounds interesting and fun to anyone, please vote at the top of this thread.

1 Like

Imma gonna bump this one because I just don’t want this topic to die. Darko’s latest episode on LMS highlights how many people dig album shuffle. Really Roon, this is not hard. I can write the code if you want.

If you’d like this feature, please VOTE up top.

Still want this! Of all of the things I have asked over the years, this is the most trivial!!!

1 Like

Changed the title adding “sorting” — Maybe that was unclear??? :rofl:

1 Like

Now the developers are on it. :wink:

Trying to hit all the buttons safe for stalking the developers. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not too hopeful at this points… :grimacing:

BUMP! I desire this even more than ever! :rofl:

BUMP AGAIN! Seriously… Can’t imagine a simpler ask!

To clarify once more, what this feature request is about is to get a list of albums that is sorted randomly (and gets resorted randomly if I go to the pulldown menu and Sort By “Random”).

It is NOT about playing albums randomly but seeing the covers in a random order so unexpected/forgotten gems pop up at the beginning of the list.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the day when everyone who feels strongly about one of a thousand features starts bumping the topic regularly

1 Like

This would also be my No 1 feature request!

1 Like

To anyone and all who has NOT voted above… VOTE BABY VOTE! (if I could find the Deee-lite video I would posted here… Alas it looks like it’s been pulled).

Hope Harman might listen to this… So bumping.

PLEASE VOTE AT THE TOP.

BUMP! Please VOTE above if you care about this. Thx.

Now that Roon has Harmans money it will come for sure :slight_smile:

Oh FOR SURE!!! :slight_smile: :laughing: