Add "randomize" sorting to album view

BUMP!!! I still want this in case you don’t know kids!

Please give us this feature

1 Like

For those unclear as to what this request is about, here’s a brief summary:

In the “Albums” view I can sort by “Artist” and other tags as well. If for example I add a “Focus” on the “Blue Note” label, I will only see Blue Note albums. And then I can sort all these Blue Note albums by “Artist”. What I would like is to also be able to sort by “Randomize” the Blue Note albums displayed - not the playback but the list I see on the screen.

Why? Because I have so many Blue Note albums in my library that I forget about them. I want this feature to bring up albums I added and then I can decide to play them or not.

Note that this is different from playing the list of albums randomly.

For me it’s quite simple. If this feature appears I’ll buy a Nucleus One. I check every release note in the hope that Roon want to take my money.

1 Like

What surprises me about this feature request is the simplicity with which it could be addressed. I have a fair amount of software coding experience and I can easily come up with code that would do this. Of course I don’t know the Roon codebase, but I am pretty sure this is not a complex ask.

Other features I have requested, such as by-track DSP, would clearly be more complex to implement:

But this is the thing: Given Roon’s database and capabilities, I don’t think there is any other music player platform where you could achieve this.

So why not lean into Roon’s core differentiating features?

I would really like to see this too. It’s one of the (few) things I miss from Jriver. Frankly I find the Discover page to be useless (too much stuff I don’t need, showing the same things over and over again, showing stuff I just listened to, etc.). It’d be great if I could set up my album view with the Focus I want and then sort it randomly. That would really help me find stuff to listen to.

1 Like

Please add your vote at the top if you haven’t already. Thx!