Add Tooltips to Buttons/Icons [Partially Implemented]

These can be very useful when the text gets truncated for lack of space. I provided an example in post #3. Besides the example I gave (in grid or row of album covers), for classical music it also happens frequently in track listings, and even in the header area of albums. When the text isn’t truncated, there is certainly no need for a tooltip to appear and it is cleaner if it doesn’t show. As a software engineer, I have done such an implementation myself.

The requirements will rapidly grow if its given any thought, which was more my point. I am curious. The implementation you mention, could it be switched off? I’m more used to seeing this sort of feature implemented that way. As must be obvious, I have no interest in this, quite the opposite, but it doesn’t seem to have ever been a popular feature request.

@tripleCrotchet You got your wish. Congrats, this must be some kind of record :slight_smile: