Add track numbers to playlists

Here’s another reason for this: when a playlist is exported to Excel, it does not stay in track order. Numbering would allow simply resorting. Otherwise, it’s like recreating playlists every time.

1 Like

Wanted to add my support to this request.

This is pretty basic functionality for playlists to be useful. If you accidentally “sort” a playlist (for example, by clicking on track and alphabetizing by track name), without numbers how do you get back to the order you created? Not obvious at all if there is a way.

Thanks, Roon team.

I wonder why the ROON guys have never responded to this rather simple fix. I now have 13 hours of music in my main playlist. But no numbering from 1 to whatever. No idea why this is not resolved.

Playlist organization is so marvelous yet no numbers!!

Just as a fyi…

In general Roon staff do not respond to feature requests on the forum.
Not do they comment on what may or may not appear in a future update.

This does NOT mean they don’t read these feature suggestions and consider them carefully.

Hope that helps explain the situation a little better.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It certainly does!

Thanks

Howard

Yes, especially when this used to be an option which users could choose but with the major UI refresh on 1.8, they decided to the remove this option for iPhone app. At least we still have track numbers on iPad and desktop apps. I still miss it for the iPhone though and I can’t understand why we just can’t choose by ourselves. It helps to navigate an album and spot where you left if you listen to something else inbetween.

"At least we still have track numbers on iPad and desktop apps. "

I for some reason do not have the numbering on my iPad or desktop. There are “handles” to allow for moving each title up or down the list, but no numbers!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, we talked about different things. I meant numbers on album page. That’s what I miss most on iPhone. They still show on iPad and desktop though.

Got it.

Yup, I am describing a playlist.

Has there been any decision on this. It very surprising that such a sophisticated app does not show something as basic as track numbers.

2 Likes

Where can I find the option to display numbers with the tracktitles in the playlist? Its obvious that I just don’t see where to enable it.
Seriously… It can not be true that it is not there. Ad it as soon as possible please!

The developers are obviously not paying 100% attention. This must change.

It’s under Setup - General for iPad and desktop apps but for iPhone they decided to remove track number option completely. I’ve never got an explanation for this. With 1.7 we still had track numbers on iPhone app also.

If I remember correctly it was felt by roon that it cramped the screen too much.

I use desktop, but there is no option for this.

Sorry I mixed this with album view. For playlists there’s no tracknumbers available at all…

Hello not sure why this was removed? Many people like myself have labels in CD’s with track numbers the best once’s circled and good ones listed. With 1100 CD’s I wasn’t done marking these as favourites. Now they are gone and its a multistep process to sort out whats what.
Who are Roon to remove track numbers from music? There have been numbers from the beginning, very first records have track numbers.
Roon decision makers should ask their clients what they want not make heavy decisions without us.
Personally constantly trying out new software to find a company that listens to clients. Tired of things constantly changing or disappearing.

They could listen to SAP a company that needs a positive vote from both board and clients before interface changes happen. Why adds less stress to clients lives and less cost retraining.

You want to get rid of numbers no problem give me to fffing option to put them back. Clutteres interface buy a bigger phone screen

1. I’ve just spent an hour trying to find out if the option can be activated.
  2. Just stumbled upon this.
  3. Shocked it’s not an option.
  4. More so given the price
  5. Please
  6. Please
  7. Please provide this option

Exactly this :arrow_up:

Roon - why would you remove them!?

Having some comment from RoonLabs is essential.
Being here and active in these forums is not part of my music hobby and long discussons with other users is often lead nowhere and is a waste of time.

An immediate short response from RoonLabs would help us not wasting our time.
Communication is key.

Please inform What you are thinking, plannning and What you Will not focus on so I/we know .

My hobby is listening to music and nothing else.