Adding memory to Nucleus+

@dylan hi Dylan, thanks, I haven’t been able to find anything definitive about the type and spec details of the memory inside my Nucleus+ can you point me in the right direction please.

1.2V DDR4 SO-DIMM
1866 MHz, 2133 MHz or 2400MHz
Unbuffered and non-ECC

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Any brand?

I can’t use this one?

CRUCIAL CT8G4SFS8266 8GB 2666MHZ DDR4 SODIMM

Open it up and take a look. Buy the same brand or by all of what you want new from somewhere like Crucial.

Thanks, logical solution, but once I do that It’ll be a few days until the memory arrives and then Roon is unavailable for me to use :slight_smile:

Do you have a fault?

is that one in the Nucleus+?

50,000 albums, causing Roon to crash intermittently

OK. Go with the most convenient option obviously.

this one? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233389-REG/crucial_ct8g4sfs824a_8gb_so_dimm_ddr4_2400_memory.html/specs

2 Likes

That will work.

Hi @Danny,

I’ve been posting lately about massive connection issues running Roon on a Nucleus+

I’ve been told that my library of 50,000 albums is causing the problems and that I need to add memory
to the Nucleus.

I noticed that you mentioned 3 Nucleus+ users who have over a million songs and I wondered if you could pass on my details to them for me ask them for the details of the memory they installed ln their Nucleus+'s.

Many thanks
Paul

If you are indeed running out of ram, it’s a good bet that going to 16 or 32gb will fix it.

The amount of tracks is just an approximate, as the memory consumption is more about all the other metadata.

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you think 3200MHz would work to?

Yes, all ram will run at the standard speed if XMP isnt enabled.

Do U use a internal HDD ? If yes replace it with a SSD as well.

Thanks for your reaction