AddOn Audio Pro Speakers - anyone using these?

I’m coming in 3 years late on this one … but did you end up going for the C5?

They’re on sale for a steal right now ($169 for the C5A), and I snapped one up … only to realize after pressing “complete order” that they might not work out-of-the-box.

Anyone have experience here?

Edit: I see a post about the C10 working out of the box, so I’ll assume the same for the C5 and report back.

Arriving equally late to the party with a question aimed at the C3 - is it possible to play Roon via airplay more or less straight out of the box??

I had the Drumfire model and my solution to this very concerning behaviour was to connect it to a separate guest network and then pause it’s access via the router. I’ve got it connected directly to my DAC via a Nucleus.

Great speaker; but I would have returned it if I’d seen this when I first purchased. I also don’t like or trust any app which asks you to enter your wifi password directly into it during the setup process, which AudioPro’s does. After I switched it to the guest network, I noticed it reappeared on my main network……I factory reset my whole network as a result and started afresh….

The company who makes the streaming solution for them is called WiiM who are having some success right now with their new HiRes box - WiiM Pro. They say they are working on Roon certification so it’ll be interesting to see if Roon accept them.

Very, very late to the party. Sorry.

I have one T10, two T5s and a T3. All on Roon. I use Chromcast Audio pucks. The pucks are powered from the speaker using a short USB cable, and then a short 3.5mm audio cable to the line-in. The T3 needed a ground loop isolator. As I have Wi-Fi extending into the garden, the T3 stays on Roon outside.

Unforunately, Google don’t make the Audio anymore, but I got a job lot at the end of the run, so I have spares for future expansion. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like