Advices on Storage Locations

I have an additional SSD on my Rock Core machine to store music. The SSD is recognized as “Roon Optimized Core Kit Internal Storage”.

I found the SSD can be accessed via Network Share option (“\rock\data”) as well.

Wonder if there are differences or disadvantages in using the Network Share option to play music from using the default location of “Roon Optimized Core Kit Internal Storage” ?

Any comment is appreciated.

You want to use the default location as it is part of the local file system.

The network share is available so you can access and add media from another computer.

As @Robem says, select the local filesystem with ROCK.

Thanks for the note.
The reason I am asking for comments because the Network Share option would allow me to enable and disable individual folders on the SSD.
With default location option, all folders are treated as one and don’t have the enable/disable flexibility.
Theoretically, the path for playing music files is shorter via the default location. But frankly I don’t hear any sonic difference when playing music thru the Network Share.

You can do that within Roon directly. Simply navigate to the relevant folders, and watch each one individually rather than the root folder for your music.

Not on an internal Rock storage drive. It is always watches the entire drive…

There isn’t. Both ways work.

Ah, okay. It must be different to a USB drive. I used to have separate folders.

The default location is generated by the Roon system. Folders inside cannot be accessed individually. I wish I could.

You can watch individual folders on an external drive, but not an internal drive.

Yeah. Too bad.
Hope this feature will be implemented.