Affichage qualité Hi-Res sur mon DAC

Bonjour,
J’utilise Roon avec le lecteur réseau Yamaha WXC-50 couplé avec le DAC SMSL SU-9. Avec Roon le Dac m’affiche toujours 16bits 48 KHz même si le fichier est en 24bits 96 KHz (conversion airplay). Avec Audirvana concurrent de Roon le Dac m’indique bien les valeurs du fichier (24/96).
Merci de votre aide

Hello,
I am using Roon with the Yamaha WXC-50 network player paired with the SMSL SU-9 DAC. With Roon the Dac always displays 16bits 48 KHz even if the file is 24bits 96 KHz (airplay conversion). With Roon’s competitor Audirvana, the Dac clearly shows me the values of the file (24/96).
Thank you for your help

Please share a screenshot of Roon signal path. Likewise, avoid using Airplay and use a direct connection between the Core and DAC; Roon supports Airplay 1 only. Veuillez partager une capture d’écran du chemin du signal Roon. De même, évitez d’utiliser Airplay et utilisez une connexion directe entre le Core et le DAC ; Roon prend en charge Airplay 1 uniquement.

Ci- joint une copie du signal

Le Core est installé sur un Intel Nuc relié en HDMI à ma Box Internet. Le lecteur réseau Yamaha est relié en Wifi avec la Box. Le dac est connecté en coaxial avec le lecteur réseau. Je pilote Roon avec soit un pc portable ou mon smartphone Android qui sont relié à mon réseau en WIFI. Il faudrait donc utiliser une connexion filaire entre le Nuc et le lecteur réseau.
Merci de votre réponse.
J’avais une autre question : sur la version PC de Roon il n’y a pas de barre de défilement du fichier audio alors que sur mon smartphone Samsung note 9 la barre de défilement est présente

François BOYER

The Core is installed on an Intel Nuc connected in HDMI to my Internet Box. The Yamaha network player is connected in Wifi with the Box. The dac is connected in coaxial with the network player. I drive Roon with either a laptop or my Android smartphone which are connected to my network in WIFI. I would have to use a wired connection between the Nuc and the network player.
Thank you for your answer.
I had another question: on the PC version of Roon there is no scroll bar for the audio file while on my Samsung note 9 smartphone the scroll bar is present

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

To me it looks like the only digital input on your streamer is optical (usually limited to max. 96 kHz) and it is unknown if your currrent Roon Core has an optical output. A more reasonable approach would be a USB connection directly to your DAC if possible. Another option could be to use a Roon compatible network bridge with USB output (for example a Raspberry Pi running Ropieee) if a direct USB connection is not feasible or unpractical.

It is at the bottom of the Roon window and presented as a waveform instead of a simple bar like on your phone:

If you can’t see it at the bottom, then you probably use a scale setting for your display that is incompatible with Roon. The help article linked below has some tips to resolve that:

2 Likes

Bonjour,

Mon streamer possède une entrée optique, une entrée coaxial et une entrée USB. Effectivement j’ai résolu le problème en branchant directement le DAC en USB sur le NUC sans passer par le streamer mais je n’ai pas bien compris pourquoi Roon réduisait les valeurs du fichier 24/96 en 16/48 quand le NUC était branché en HDMI sur le serveur du réseau. Les deux autres logiciels que j’utilise gardent les valeurs du fichier Hi-Res quand j’utilise le steamer.

Merci de votre aide