After clicking update on one of my devices, my Roon Core on my iMac is not starting up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.10.5 Yosemite, iMac, Roon 1.6 build 475, 64 bit stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to Verizon router for IP, other devices via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BluSound Node 2i

Description Of Issue

Since clicking on another Roon app on network via wifi choosing upgrade App and after that Roon Core on Mac stopped working, just was never finding core. Rebooted and restarted Roon and it offers chance to set up new core, but trying to find existing core no good. Have 1.4 TB of songs in a catalog etc… HELP

Hi @Ron_Ozer,

Please see my post here:

Managed to login to Roon with old version but would not let me do it until I turned on ethernet which then downloaded update so I am one relaunch from being back to broken,…

Hi @Ron_Ozer,

Did you go into Settings > About and disable the automatic updates? Are things still working for you?

It’s working since I haven’t restarted Roon yes. It’s downloaded the update as it did it before I could change settings. I guess if I quit disconnect from internet then replace app with old version again it might not download yet again. … chicken egg problem !

My iphone software for Roon upgraded and now is asking me to upgrade again on my MacOS devices. Is it safe to upgrade now or will I break everything again?

Hi @Ron_Ozer,

Yes, you can update to the latest version of Roon — Roon 1.7 included a fix for the macOS 10.10.5 compatibility issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.