Alarm Function / Wakeup Timer : Scheduling music and streaming services by date, time and zone

Hi, I’ve merged your post into this existing topic and also added “Wakeup Timer" to the topic’s subject to make it easier to find using that term.

PS Please consider voting for this feature using the box at the very top of the topic.

I’ve just voted for this. I know there is the extension very kindly done by a member but this does feel like something that could and should be part of the integral Roon features. Many thanks.

2 Likes

I’d like to add my voice to this! The existing extension doesn’t work for the average user - it’s much too hard to install and maintain, as well as (in my experience/setup) too unreliable and causes high CPU/slowness. This feels like a really valuable bit of core functionality that Roon could add, and which could be a big feature to be marketed to new users…?

There is another alternative extension you could try - macro.on - it does require some configuration, but I prefer it - Roon Extension: macro.on

Thanks for your help! I should make clear, I think all extensions are too difficult for the average user - using Linux containers etc - and too unreliable in my experience (especially for an alarm clock where you want it to work every day). This is why I think it needs to be core functionality.

I use macro.on every day, mainly the alarm and autoplay functionality, and it works 100% reliable :wink:

1 Like