Album Art sequence

Hello Roon!
Since this is my first post I want to congratulate everyone at Roon with this great product. It does a lot I dreamed of in the past years.
For some time I maintained my own web-interface on top of LMS but it became too much work and not enough music-pleasure :wink: And Roon is the first product I found which could replace them.

One thing that bugs me is how Roon changes the order in which it displays the album art.
For example, in the Artwork-folder of an album I have following items:
A1 - Front.jpg
A2 - Inlay Out.jpg
A3 - Inlay In.jpg
A4 - Disc.jpg
A5 - Back In.jpg
A6 - Back Out.jpg

And Roon displays them as follows:
A1 - Front.jpg
A5 - Back In.jpg
A4 - Disc.jpg
A2 - Inlay Out.jpg
A3 - Inlay In.jpg
A6 - Back Out.jpg

The only workaround I found was to do this:
01 - Front.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

So I think Roon looks for specific words in the filenames and creates itā€™s own sequence.

It would be nice to be able to disable this behaviour.

Hi @darym3,

Yes, we do have some logic in place that determines the order automatically. At this time there is no way to manually change this.

Since this appears to be ā€œworking as designedā€ I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so thatā€™s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

We appreciate the feedback!

To aid the OP Iā€™ve moved it over.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and moving my post to the feature requests.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve asked for this feature a few years ago also - as well as a few others relating to album art:

A bump for this request. The ability to disable whatever intelligence is mixing up the artwork would be appreciated.