Album artwork not updating?

I’ve searched the topics and cannot seem to find a solution to this issue.

I have ripped a number of CDs into Roon. I have gone to update the artwork to higher resolution versions, now that I have the ability to scan my own covers in.

I wanted to remove the old low-resolution images that are stored in Roon/the files. There doesn’t appear a way to delete these, either from Roon, or even removing the image from the actual hard drive itself, Roon seems to keeps it.

I have re-scanned the file, force re-scanned the hard drive, and cleared the image cache. Still it keeps the old image.

I then deleted the files completely from the hard drive. I re-ripped the CDs again to the hard drive (using dBpower Amp) and only selected the new artwork.

Even on the new files, the old artwork is kept alongside the new and will not go away.

I even tried a completely different image as a test, and it kept the old as the main image, and the new as a secondary image.

What am I doing wrong here and why won’t it simply update to read what is in the file on the HD? It must be me missing something obvious, but this is driving me to despair so here I am pleading for a sensible solution.

Thanks.

It seems unclear what actions exactly you’ve already taken in Roon itself. So I post the relevant guides for you:

If you need further assistance, please add screenshots of what you see in Roon and think is wrong and the folder with the files / files metadata showing the artwork.

Thank you for replying and for the useful links. It ended up not being Roon, but dBPoweramp! It was caching and keeping the old Metadata, so when I cleared it and reset the Meta data and re-ripped the CDs with the desired artwork, it resolved itself in Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.