Album (Singles) in Roon from Tidal, but not in Tidal Albums collection

On Tidal, if I heart a track which happens to be a single album; the track is added to collection but the album is not shown on Tidal (this is ideal IMHO).

However, in Roon, it adds the single album to My Library and I have numerous single albums, which I’d prefer not to be there as individual albums. Ideally My Library → Albums is for actual albums in my methodology.

Is there a best approach to managing this? If I delete the album in Roon, it removes the heart on Tidal (not what I want to happen). Is it best to ‘Hide’ the album? Is there a setting to not import single albums or tracks only in Tidal collection?

1 Like

Are you adding the Album or Track in Roon. The + at the top of an album page adds an album. If you click on the 3 dot menu in the line of the Track and select Add to Library, it will only add that Track to Roon.

I am not adding to Roon. These albums are being added to My Library, even though they are not in the albums collection on Tidal. It seems when a track is added to the Tidal collection, Roon also makes an album entry for the track (which is different behavior than Tidal).

Curious how I can prevent all these one track albums from automatically populating my library.

Ah, with Roon, if you “heart” anything in Tidal it is also automatically added to Roon’s Library. In Tidal, try just “heart”-ing a track. It should just add the Album in Roon but only the 1 track under that album.

Let me test it with you right now.

I’m an in Tidal, I am choosing something that is absolutely not in my library, so I am in Tidal choosing “Add to my collection” aka heart icon on the track, not album, of The Weeknd “Blinding Lights”.

I am now opening up Roon, and syncing Tidal to get the changes.

In Roon under albums I see:

An album has been added to Roon. Roon will always add an album object even if you just add a track.

However, when I go into the album page.

You will see that there is only the 1 track that I added in Tidal. And if you go to Roon Tracks, you see:

Again, only the 1 track I added in showing in tracks.

Now, if you add the whole album, the whole album will be viewed in Tracks as tracks displays every track in the Library. However, IN ROON, and not in Tidal, I can add Hearts which IN ROON means I like this song. That way, in the Track Listing you can then filter by using the Heart and only see those Tracks that have the heart on them.

Correct; you’ve got it. Understand the behavior.

My question is there a better organization method or setting to not have all these “singles” filling up the Album view? I like many tracks on Tidal and ideally I only want the true full albums I have in that view; tracks can be in tracks view. Tidal is default to this behavior; only Albums which you heart are shown in Album view.

I also don’t want to Hide the albums, because the the tracks go missing in Roon also.

Hmm. Well, I am now driving ng so can’t test, but even if an album is hidden I believe focus can find it. So, to test add just a track, hide the album. Then go into focus and focus on hidden.

This can be a bit confusing, but my LIBRARY > albums shows all albums even if they have only one track selected. To see only the full albums you have liked in Tidal, go to BROWSE > tidal > my tidal collection > (scroll down) favorite albums.
Does that work for you. It took me a while to figure this out myself.

I have the same problem, 1 year later. The same issue with Qobuz.

Is there a way that we can choose this behaviour? It’s so annoying if you listen on autoplay for a day, like 25 tracks, come home, on ROON theres 25 NEW ALBUMS.

This is really not ideal behaviour, can this be changed???

Tracks are Tracks and Albums are ALBUMS. This should really be honored in Roon.

1 Like

There isn’t a choice sadly but I handle this by saving a bookmark “main library”. Using focus I select only albums and EPs. That way all the single clutter is filtered out of the view.

Is there a way to make that the default view rather than have to set a filter every single time??

You don’t need to set a filter everytime. You do it once and then save the bookmark.

Then you can just tap on bookmarks and go straight to that view:

Would be very cool to have the option to set a bookmark as the default view. Currently not possible.

1 Like

If I my hijack this, is there a logic to when a chosen bookmark gets deselected? Most of my bookmarks have quite complex focus options, so if I want to go back to the full album view, it is impractical to deselect them all manually.

However, once I choose a bookmarked album focus, it is often difficult to get rid of it. Sometimes, if I go from the bookmarked view to, e.g., Albums in the side bar, it shows the full album view without using the bookmark. At other times, I click the same Albums in the side bar but it shows the most recent bookmarked view, anyway. Going to a different place first, like Artists, and then to Albums does not always help, either.

I can’t find any logic to what I need to do to in order to consistently deselect the current bookmark and go back to the full album view. A “deselect bookmark” button doesn’t seem to exist.

Any help appreciated

I add a bookmark for “Complete View”. It’s just zero focus applied. Works like a deselect button.

I have that too, but it seems an odd workaround. One would think that there is some built-in way and I thought I was missing something. Thanks :slight_smile:

I agree it’s inelegant. Wish there was a better way.

1 Like

I’m just starting out with Roon and came across this behavior. Drives me nuts! If I add a track to my collection, I’ve added that track, not the whole album! Why is Roon showing me that track’s album in my album view then?

Yes, yet another strange thing ROON does. It should only show albums in albums and tracks in tracks… like all other streaming services do. Or at least put an option.