Album Tracklist Symbols

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac connected via wi-fi playing Roon to Linn Selekt DSM

Description Of Issue

Sorry to bother you with a trivial issue, but I’ve looked through the user guide and cannot find an explanation. When playing an album I will often see two different symbols displayed in between the track title and the track time. One symbol is a rounded square containing a number with a globe symbol above it, and the other one is a rounded square containing a number with a cd symbol above it, as seen in the attachment. Could you possibly explain what these mean?

Many thanks

Alan

They tell you how many versions, or performances, of a composition Roon knows about.
(So the composers of a track must be known)

The one with a globe is how many exist in the streaming world (I.e. Tidal and Qobuz if you’ve signed up to one or both), and the other is how many in your library (local, or added from Tidal/Qobuz).

If you click on them they’ll take you to the performances page where you can see the details.

And welcome by the way!

Many thanks for the both the info and the welcome. I’ve only had Roon for a week and I’m finding my feet a bit.

While I’m on, I notice that when I view a playlist I have saved in Qobuz in Roon, ie a shared playlist, the track order does not correspond to the original Qobuz playlist. In the attachment you can see the original Qobuz playlist with the tracks in my preferred order, but when the same playlist is viewed in Roon the track order is entirely different, as seen superimposed on the right hand side of the attachment. Is there any way to sync the track order, or do I have to manually re-order the tracks in the Roon version to get it the way I want it? Thanks for your forbearance.

Regards

Alan

That’s not right. Try going to Settings > Services > Qobuz > edit and hitting sync now.

I just tried re-ordering a playlist (on Tidal, I don’t have qobuz), resyncing, and Roon picked it up.

Hi

It still doesn’t seem to sync. In Roon when I follow the pathway Browse > Qobuz > My Playlists > Pick’n’Mix Tracks the track order is the same as the original Qobuz track order (left hand side in attachment). However, when I follow the pathway Alan’s Stuff > Playlists > Pick’n’Mix Tracks the track order bears no relation to the original (right hand side in the attachment).

It’s just so much handier accessing the playlists via the Playlists menu option as it shows both the Qobuz playlists and the ones I have created within Roon, but it’s not much help if the track order has been altered in the Qobuz playlists, as although I often play tracks using shuffle mode, I do like to play then in my preferred order for the majority of the time. Any advice you can offer I’d be grateful.

Regards

Alan

Hi

I think I sorted it. I quit Roon and re-opened, then I followed the Settings > Services > Qobuz > edit advice you gave me and all is good.

Really enjoying Roon by the way, it’s fantastic. Thanks for your help!

Regards

Alan

Pleased we got there in the end. Now enjoy your music!

That is a record and it’s record sleeve, I think.