Album uses more than one musican as artist

Hello everyone,

I got this Problem: Roon identified an album and says all tracks performed by: Nigel Rogers, Ian Patrridge, etc.

But all of them are grouped as one single Artist.

I already changed everything for the primary Artist Links and the Album Artist:

What can i do so roon does not show me an Artist like the following screenshot and links them all by themself?

Thank you all and kind regrads

Welcome, Markus!

If you’ve separated ‘Artists’ in your tags, what now happens if you choose ‘Prefer file?’ as in/from the second of your three screenshots?

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

If I choose this option, i will see the artists above the “Play now” Button, but the “Merged Artists” (Altough not merged by me, so i can’t seperate them) still exists (at "All tracks performed by […]:

You’re welcome, Markus :slight_smile:

Without knowing your settings, I’d say that perhaps Roon is right: each track will have one of those singers (and very fine singers they are too, aren’t they) but the collection as a whole does comprise multiple tracks performed collectively by them all.

2 Likes

Jep, very finde indeed :slight_smile: And yes, in fact roon ist right. I m very happy with roon showing all of them as they are part of the whole album. But I would love to have individuell Hyperlinks for the artists, as for now, it is one hyperlink to one artist, containing all artists.

Therefore I have an artist in my library which should be five individuals.

I would love it if I could click on one name individually.

I think you’re going to have to correct the file metadata in the tracks - that may be what is throwing Roon off. I suspect that the tracks have the track artist names separated by commas instead of semicolons - which are the correct separators.

Extensive metadata editing is best handled by a third-party metadata editor such as Mp3tag or dBpoweramp rather than in Roon itself.

2 Likes

Or the excellent Yate if you are on macOS…

1 Like

I think you have to remove every instance where this artist concatenation exists. That’s probably every track in that album. Just edit each track and negate the unwanted artist info like you did for the album.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Tipps, that sounds like a possible solution, will try it once I’m on the pc again :grin:

As the files appear to be flac I think the issue is not comma instead of semicolon but that you have just one ARTIST field instead of five separate ones for each person. If you load into SongKong you can use the Status Report to see exactly what the situation is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.