Albums you think require/deserve headphones

I don’t know how else to put it. Some albums just sound better with headphones to me. Maybe I can’t afford the fine resolving systems needed or my dog snores (he does) or whatever the reason but throwing on headphones and a great album still makes me smile, a lot.

There are a few I recommend, but this one is a good start. It was also quad mixed if you are into that type of thing.

You all bring forward great recommendations, what suggestions do you have?

RoonShareImage-637850539073226559

11 Likes

Cool. I’ll check that out!

Not for everyone, but the effects in Yosi Horikawa’s Vapor are great fun with headphones:

https://tidal.com/browse/album/20051751

4 Likes

This is a goto headphone album for me,

5 Likes

This is particularly true of binaural recordings. I don’t have too many, but all of them definitely sound better with headphones.

10 Likes

@DaveN I will have to take a proper look at these once I get home. Some I recognise but others will be a nice surprise.

Cheers for posting.

1 Like

If you know of any others, could you let me know?

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for earlier posts from all.

1 Like

Anything country so no one else can hear it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

A pair of Focal Celestee headphones and Miles Davis’s Kind Of Blue (Blue in Green) is Is a Special Treat😎

3 Likes

Headphone are for when I can’t get to my music room.

2 Likes

This album blew my mind when i listened to it on my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pros. I later figured out he is a man of questionable character, but I’ll put that aside for the sound quality, haha.

4 Likes

Along with the DT 1770 Pros, two of the most underrated headphones available. Tremendous bang for the buck.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard the 1770s, but I agree! I am absolutely satisfied with them!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637855384080505638

1 Like

Some early Alva Noto was always nice on headphones back in the day: Prototypes and Transform.

1 Like

Tool - Chocolate Chip Trip

3 Likes

I appreciate the amazing stuff. A lot of new items for me.

Thank you.

That’s really the only Tool track that I regularly Skip, but I can imagine it would sound good on headphones.
I will add it to my list to try it out.