I have recently upgraded my Bluesound Powernode 2 to a Powernode 2i. The Powernode 2i has issues where the Powernode 2 performs flawlessly. I am sharing this with the knowledge that the Powernode 2i is not yet certified by Roon but “should work.”
With the Powernode 2i in place, Roon often takes a VERY long time to start playback on the device (30+ seconds). Additionally, it can have a very long pause between tracks, especially noticeable when the tracks are not on the same album as when the radio feature is on. This behavior is true regardless of whether the ultimate source of the audio is my local NAS or from Tidal.
No other endpoint in my system has this issue, and if I switch back to the Powernode 2 I do not experience the same symptoms. (I also tested to be sure that the wireless comparison was on the same WiFi band).
I am not worried about this as I will simply not use the 2i and use my 2 which performs just fine. The 2i has new wireless facilities and it may well be there. I would hope before Bluesound 2i becomes Roon certified, this problem gets is resolved.
- Bluesound Node2, Wired, connected to DAC via Coax out
- Bluesound Powernode 2i, WiFi, driving a pair of bookshelf speakers
- Auralic Aries Mini, Wired, RCA analog out to a headphone amp.
- Synology 3615 XS+ running Roon Core on SSD, 16GB of Memory
- Control of playback from iPhone and iPads
- Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router (X10)
- Current SW/FW on all systems
- Music Library = ~7500 Albums / ~100K Tracks, Redbook FLAC, HiRez FLAC, DxD and DSD
- Active Tidal subscription with some Tidal albums added to library (<500 Tidal Albums in library)
- 1GB Fiber Internet Connection