All the stuff from the Nucleus Titan thread that has nothing to do with Nucleus Titan

Probably because they know a computer has zero influence on sound quality. I’m sure other manufacturers also know that but choose to mislead people. At least in this case, they admit you’re paying for “display and admiration”.

9 Likes

I am Groot :grinning:

3 Likes

My initial nucleus setup was as you suggest. for $2500 I thought it should do more. I added a Denefrips DAC and I’m quite happy with its performance. So to me, adding aesthetics to the equation can be cool.

1 Like

Computers don’t sound

4 Likes

Tell that to the Nucleus customers where it make a whining/chirruping sound. Where they might not improve they can certainly degrade especially with usb and grounding issues that pop up quite regularly on here.

Never seen that once on the forum. I assume there’s warranty. And I don’t believe in USB being bad.

The constant negativity is getting tiresome

4 Likes

Still, you don’t need thousands of dollars to get the grounding right.

It’s a discussion forum not a place to slap them on the back and shout hurray everytime they do something. Having waited over a month now for a reply on one of my tickets I have grounds to say spend the resources in area much needed not audiophool jewelry.

3 Likes

I doubt the outsourced design agency would fix your issue if they weren’t occupied with the Titan.

1 Like

It’s resources spent regardless and not in improving a vital part of the organisation which is sorely needed.

If it sells it’s going to generate resources, though. And I would guess it’s not the only new thing that is going to happen but part of some kind of larger plan.

2 Likes

Being consistently oblivious to Roon issues is equally tiresome.

3 Likes

Well I hadn’t noticed this, I am not required to remember everything - you obviously don’t remember my posts with Roon criticisms either. So yes computers break sometimes. That’s not an argument for “a computer has a sound”

3 Likes

I’m more worried that 'n 'years down the line the only access to Roon will be through luxury devices like this and not the Noble NUC . I suspect an will be quite big >5 maybe

We’ll see eh ?

3 Likes

I would not put it past them at this stage.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have used Roon if it required a dedicated computer like the noble NUC. Anyway, I already stopped using Roon so I’ll be fine :slight_smile: As a general rule, I try not to rely exclusively on singular solutions, no matter how good.

1 Like

audirvana is good.

Would have been nice with an update:

No update in a VERY LONG time :frowning:

Torben

I agree. I’ve only seen the exploded view, but it appears to be more gamer-ish looking than audiophile. But then again, I think a lot of high end audiophile gear is UGLY. that others with deep pockets obviously don’t.

Funny thing is, Roon have always insisted that the digital network side makes no difference in sound, yet this seems pointed exactly at those people who insist it does and will spend $$ on it. But for this price, I would highly consider just getting a maxed PC or Mac Mini/Studio and have change to spare. At least with those, they would retain some resale price.

But I guess they are competing with the likes of SonicTransporters, though as we don’t know the specs, and just about anything they put inside will be ‘better performance than the previous generation’ (considering it was 7i3 or 7i7 not saying much). Question is, how much better? 8th gen? 12th gen?

Yes, I can see Harman exclusively licensing Roon technology to other device manufacturers, along with manufacturing their own.

Harman bought Roon to benefit Harman, not to benefit Roon or its subscription base.

Folks are worried about retaining their lifetime licenses after the buy out, but they should also be worried about losing Roon standalone software, i.e. Windows, osMac, Linex and ROCK.