Allo Digi Sig as Roon End Point

My Roon core is on an iMac High Sierra OS. My family room stereo plays Roon (and now Qobuz) through a BlueSound Vault end point through a Marantz DAC to my Naim amp. I’m trying to add my downstairs room to be able to play my Roon library and just purchased the Allo Digione Signature with the Diet Pi OS. My Roon is not finding it so not sure if I need to load some other OS or just internet to my network. Appreciate any and all help. Cheers Steve

Did you go into DietPi config and add the Roon bridge software?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions above. I installed with diet pi and then with ropieee. Ropiee seemed to install fine but I still can’t find as a recognized Roon zone for selecting my Allo Digione. Any idea on how to have Roon find as an end point. Thanks

1 Like

I can see my Allo Diet Pi in my network recognized by Roon and selected music looks like it is playing but I can’t seem to get audio out of the Digione. Is there something in the configuration or other settings on the Diet Pi OS that I need to change. Trying to play out of S/PDIF output. Thanks for all of your help.

Hi @Stephen_Johnson, can you post a pic of the signal path and the Roon device settings for the endpoint please? I’m also curious as to what sort of DAC you have connected to the Allo Digi S/PDIF output. One step at a time, but seems as though you’re getting there.

I had an issue with Dietpi where it muted the audio output. You may need to log in and fix that. If you search for Dietpi no audio on Google, there are some instructions.

1 Like

You hace yo Enter vía browser and type DietPi.local
Them select sound Cardona…and choose between dac’.dac1.1 .ir the othrrs .it depends on the dac’ you are using

Have you selected the ALLO-DIGIONE sound card in System Settings?

Try to Enter figione config and select the dac type in sound card option.then tell yo me

Yes.enter into digione config and select dac’ type .dac’ dac1.1 in the sound card Tag

Hi Wilfredo, I think you will find that the correct option in the sound card dropdown is “allo-digione” (see below). The DigiOne is just a sound card, it doesn’t really know anything about the DAC other than which output it is connected to.

Have a similar issue :frowning:

Setup:

• Rasberry Pi3B | Allo DigiOne Signature
  • Roon software installed via Ropeee onto 16gb card on the board
  • All power connections correct, and boards light up (bottom dirty board has constant red light, and flashing green light)
  • Roon Core installed (and works fine when connecting to another end (AppleTV)
  • Ethernet plugged in
  • DigiOne plugged into AudioLab M-Dac

What am I missing?

It’s not unheard of for the roipeee image to get corrupted, maybe reflash the SD card and try again. I had to do that a few months back

From another site -

Thanks Slim -
The red stays content, only the green light flashes.

I’ve reflagged with both the XL file, and other file. Both with the same results unfortunately.

I don’t have a screen attached - so I cannot view the boot up procedure.

Think I read somewhere can view this via a web browser - but I dont know how to do that. Perhaps Im wrong

I think @xxx thoughts on power supplies, do you have another power supply try

I have tried one other power supply.
Re-flashed the memory card using Etcher / Ripeee.

I’m lost - any ideas?

All sorted! Hooray!

My error was not setting up the Ropeee after installing onto the memory card, and inserting into the Pi. I didn’t know how to find the devices IP address without a monitor, but I got Mac software ‘LanScan’ that showed it right away - and then everything was great.

Thanks for help guys - appreciated.

Sounding great :slight_smile: