Allo Reclocker, DAC & Amp for Raspberry Pi

i know, I have those problems with the Ian’s FIFO II kit…

Hello Johan,

I have to dissappoint you.

Kali too does sometimes skip a portion of a second ahead, but it happens sporadic.
I saw another user who had this problem with Kali too.

Since it is happening very sporadic, I think I heard it a few times only within 5 listening sessions of about 10 hours in total,
it’s absolutely not that important to me, but, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to investigate!

Hi Wizardofoz,

I have test setup with I2S AK4495 dac with RPI2/Kali and piCorePlayer 3.10

This does also skip within tracks, but not as serious as it is happening with the Ian’s FIFO II kit.

Any news on this behaviour?

I tried mine without the Volt and also using RPi 3 and noticed when I was trying with Hdmi monitor connected I was seeing the low voltage indication in the top right of the screen so I now have my loaned out 5v 25va LMS back and will try some testing - though I might not get to that for a few days

I have been using the Kali for a few months now (RaspberryPi 2, with DietPi) and it has never skipped.

Hi Alex

…we seen report from @wizardofoz but in our testing there is none. Might be something else we will check

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have a (admittedly quite specific) case where I would like to use an Audio-GD DAC for the mid and high section, and use the DSP on the Piano for the bass amp and drivers.

So I was hoping for the following chain:

PI -> Kali, and then in parallel (stacked)
Kali -> Piano DSP filter + DAC -> Bass amp -> Active Bass driver
Kali -> digital HAT -> Audio-GD DAC -> mid-high amp -> filters -> mid / high drivers