Allo USBridge board

Dan is already working on that.

Am I inferring correctly? USB Bridge works with an M2tech usb converter? Out of the box without additional code?

I am currently attempting to get my Concero HP to behave with DietPi and Allo Usbridge.
I have managed to get it to be recognised by modifying the /DietPi/uEnv.txt file, however I have no volume control whatsoever meaning sound comes out at max volume.

I read prior to getting the Concero that the Herus worked, so I had high hopes.

I have previously used the same setup with a Chord Mojo and Volumio over DietPi with great results, so from a hardware perspective (excluding dac) I think everything is fine.

I am definitely open to suggestions at this point.

yes, m2tech works on Sparky USBridge , hiface driver included on Dietpi Image.

ok
now there is a guiupdate to dietpi 6.1 from the dietpiwebsiteā€¦
but now the usbport from usbridge is not working anymoreā€¦sparky usb-ports are acting normalā€¦

lks 004 is conncted to the bridgeā€¦

now connected to the sparky ā€¦

plz help

Wow thanksā€¦thats good to know.

Hi,

I just tried to update dietpi on my USBridge because it prompts me to update (in system menu). But when I do that it, urges be to perform a reboot almost immediately. After that, the same ā€˜update nowā€™ button is still thereā€¦ What am i doing wrong?

@osss
you are on dietpi v159ā€¦i had the same issueā€¦
dietpi says - there is no updateā€¦
you have to reflash to get the v6.0ā€¦

there is a gui-version. but this is not working for me. maybe wait a bit longer until a more stable version is releasedā€¦
http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

good luck

What version are you at? You wonā€™t be able to update passed v159 but will have to download and manually install a new image. See here:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2739&sid=d531636c51481b9558fd0093d5136afc#p10496

@latenz, @CostasD thank you guys! Now I know what needs to be doneā€¦ but maybe I really should wait for the next bugfix release. Thanks again!

@latenz

check aotg.aotg1_speed setting on /DietPi/uEnv.txt , it should be set to 0 for working usb 2.0 mode.
Dan updated the OS image now on download link.

@rahulkc_s
great thanksā€¦new image is working

hi
is there a way to get raspotify or somthing like spotify-connect working from the allo-gui?
thanks

Jumper J28. I am bit confused. By default the Jumper is open as per instruction?
ā€œ1. Power feed through DC jack only (USBridge)
J28 to be openā€
So it means that I can choose to use one or separate PSU like scenario ā€œ3,
Individual power feed to Sparky and USBridge separately.
J28 to be openā€.
The quick suggest opposite, that jumper setting is different for scenario 1 and 3.

And secondary questions, according to user guide those are the recommended parameters for PSU: Power adaptor rating : 5.2 V 3A ,+/- 5?

1 Like

I also found the instruction to be confusing. What they really mean is that to use separate power supplies for the Sparky and the USBridge, REMOVE jumper J28.

1 Like

Hey everyone. Roon Newbie here. What an awesome community of users! Iā€™m learning so much from all the posts. Thank you!

I need a Roon endpoint for my dedicated music system, and I wanted to confirm with you that itā€™s a reasonable first endpoint choice (hopefully upgrade in the next year or two)

My present system is: B&W 705S2 speakers, Rega RP3/Elysium, and Denon AVR 4308i. I also have an Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC.

If I pick up an Allo USBridge, plug in the Dragonfly Red, and attach an Audioquest Evergreen 3.5ā€“>2xRCAā€¦ Will this work as a pretty good sounding endpoint with MQA?

Thanks so much for any advice!

What are you using to decode the MQA. The dragonfly is a renderer, meaning it can only do the 2nd unfold after some other process has done the first unfold.

The Denon has a perfectly fine DAC, if I remember correctly. So I would by a ALLO Digione and connect it via coax to the Denon. No MQA though, but you can still use the dragonfly for your phone.

Sorry to bother you again, but Iā€™m stuck hereā€¦ I just downloaded the latest DietPi (v6) and flashed that Sparky memory thingy. How do I access the Allo GUI? The usual Dietpi UI (via Terminal) is working fine but I canā€™t access the Allo UI via the browser as usualā€¦ Do I need to install any additional software?

you need to flash the special Allo version with the gui not the standard dietpi version.