Allo USBridge, Roon not working

Hi,
Looking for some help to get this running properly. Currently, the benchmark dac and allo usbridge is not showing in roon, I’ve tried resetting everything and can’t get it to show. I’ve also reinstalled roon core on my pc. Yesterday the benchmark dac was showing on roon but when I played music it will simply skip every song. No music would play. Any help with troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated … I only have the trial of roon and only want the subscription if I can get this setup working. Thanks

System Setup:
Windows 10 pc 64bit Intel i5-3330 3GHz running roon core 64bit; ethernet to:
Allo USBridge running dietpi and roonbridge; usb out to:
Benchmark HGC3 dac
Remotes: pc, iphone, ipad

Roon remote enabled in settings
Media is 100% tidal streaming but I’ve tested with a local album as well

Can you try it with a different DAC? I found the Usbridge to be difficult with certain DACs. Worked ok with the Pro-Ject, but the DAC in my PS Audio Sprout 100 just didn’t get in with it.

Unfortunately it’s the only dac I own.

Have you tried connecting a Raspberry Pi USB port to the DAC instead of the Allo USB port?

I’ve tried all four USB ports on the Allo USBridge

3 posts were split to a new topic: Marantz NA8005 disappearing on Allo USBridge

Hello @Matthew_Nutt & @Jan_Willem_Bootsma,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Just to confirm here, when you connect your respective DACs directly to the Core via USB, there is no issue with seeing them and playing back to them, correct?
Are you using the newest DietPi firmware for your USB Bridge’s?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Matthew_Nutt,

Can you please check to see that the Benchmark is in USB 2.0 mode? You can press and hold the USB button on your Benchmark remote to switch modes or press and hold both input buttons for 3 seconds on the DAC itself to achieve this switch. More info can be found in the manual here.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Matthew_Nutt,

I noticed that you posted an update to this issue in another thread:

Glad to hear that the update to the USB 2.0 driver has helped resolve this issue! I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved but if you have any other issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

Yes its working well now! I do need to further troubleshoot the wifi connectivity as I cannot get shairport to work properly. However, I have not tried since the driver update. Is it possible to use shairport (I do have the Allo supplied wifi dongle) while also wired via ethernet?Tonight’s project. Will advise if I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello @Matthew_Nutt,

From what I could find, Shariport should work as expected on the DietPi platform, although might have to do some manual configuration for it to work.

This thread should give you a starting point, although I cannot comment on exact steps needed to get this setup and working. If you are still having issues after looking over the thread, this might best be a question to post in the linux area of our forum.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.