Allowing only one post per day in MQA topic

Then, many people like me would abandon the forums.

I find absolutely no value to non-support related threads.

I find many reasons including entertainment, knowledge, enlightenment, and many others. But, if you find no value in non-support related threads, why are you reading this one?? It’s not support related at all! Or is your definition of support broader than mine? This isn’t meant to be confrontational in any way and I hope you didn’t take it that way, I just have a curious mind, and like understanding people better.

1 Like

I’m sensing a certain degree of irony in @Still-One’s recent posts. :wink:

i haven’t read more than a couple of his posts, so I haven’t seen that. I’ll have to take your words on it.

Sorry, I should have said his last 2 posts rather “recent posts”. It was those 2 posts to which I was referring. Obviously I might me wrong! @Still-One - please feel free to correct me. :slightly_smiling_face:

One reason I’m asking questions. These are the only two posts that I remember seeing by him, and although on the surface they do seem somewhat ironical, I don’t know his thought processes. Maybe there is a valid reason he is reading theses posts. Although I can’t see this being a support thread, maybe he somehow does. If so, I’d love to see how he sees it that way. Who knows, maybe my way of looking at it is wrong.

I don’t want to drift too far off topic (I haven’t mentioned MQA once in my contribution to this thread!), but it’s always worth checking out people’s posting history in order to unpack their motivations and dispositions. :wink:

13 posts were split to a new topic: What sort of forum should the Roon community site provide?

I don’t know what I’m doing here either :rofl: Roon works fine for me, I don’t need to argue about MQA or whatever ad infinitum, and I’m done giving free tech support. Mmm, it must be for the forum humor :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Shttt, we can’t say that anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

@Neil_Russell Because it has been beaten to death here and especially on Computer Audiophile/Audiophile Style(the thread MQA is Vaporware) its a dead horse and who really cares?

Obviously many people care, or they wouldn’t be participating in the numbers they are.

3 Likes

Indeed - because people recognize their consumer rights are being threatened and want to express their concern. And that is the problem with things like limiting the amount of posts in any MQA topic. Given that I have only seen this on topics about MQA and not other controversial topics, the claim that the policy is to insure civility becomes somewhat tenuous. Throttle or better yet, close and do not allow any and every controversial topic.

Otherwise, it could be interpreted as breaking the momentum of the MQA criticism
trend - well, at least in this forum.

Of course, again, it is the admins/moderators right to have whatever kind of forum they want to have. If they want the advocacy and support only forum I mentioned above, sure, go ahead. But make it clear in the policies. If you give the illusion of freedom, people will assume they have it. Hence all this problems.

v

1 Like

Well said. It’s truly baffling that, given the myriad challenges facing the world right now there are people who will literally go to the wall day in day out for a fr**ken music file format. Wake up people.

2 Likes

Well, on the one hand that’s Whataboutism. But I can relate very well :wink:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: MQA - Time for a rethink?

We relaxed the 1 post per day limit on the original topic that prompted this discussion, to see how it would go. Unfortunately it subsequently went down the rabbit hole again and was then closed.
Which somewhat makes this topic now moot.

Also this topic has drifted and is morphing into “yet another MQA anti / pro” discussion, thus we are now closing this topic.

The side topics will be reviewed and if possible split out to their own topic, however, it’s all quite messy so no promises there.

1 Like

I’ve split out some posts to a new thread What sort of forum should the Roon community site provide?, and moved a couple to an existing one. As Carl said, this thread had got messy but I hope it reads better now.

1 Like