Almost impossible to "Add to tag" more than 99% of the Tracks that are in "My Library"

With some much-appreciated help from @anon90297517, I think I figured out why it is so difficult to add a track to a tag. Basically: you can only tag (the version of) a track that is in your library.
If you want the full functionality of tagging, you need to proceed as follows: (1) always start by putting a track in your library, (2) never assume that if (immediately) afterward, you want to tag that track or put it in a playlist, that Roon will be aware that it (obviously) is the library track that you want to put in the playlist or add to a tag, (3) instead, go to My Library > Tracks, find the track there and put it under whatever tag or in whatever playlist you want. After you go through this hassle, everything will go smoothly…
A related issue. You have a Tidal subscription. You have plenty of playlists on it. You read in the Roon info that tracks that have been favored in Tidal will automatically be added to your Roon library. So, before making a local copy of your Tidal playlists, you make sure to favor all tracks on them in Tidal. And yes, it is true: subsequently, all those tracks can be found in Roon under My Library > Tracks. One big BUT: in the (Tidal) playlists you make a local copy of, it are not the library versions that can be found in Roon, but the Tidal versions (if you have the column ‘Date added’ in your playlist screen, you will see that it is empty). Which means that you can not tag the tracks in your playlists, because technically they are not in your library (although an exact same copy IS in your library).There is a solution for this: replacing every single track in your playlists with the same track that you can find under My Library > Tracks. How do you do that? Simple! One by one! Cheers!
Of course, if a Roon staff member or anyone else knows a better way, please let me know!

1 Like