Alternative display request…

I’ve been using Ropieee for years and very much value it. However… …I’m now building a streamer into a case in which I’ll be using an SSD1322 OLED GPIO display (it’s a Quadify build). To my dismay, I’ve discovered that all of the alternatives to Ropieee that I’ve tried (DietPi, Moode, Volumio) use the standard RoonBridge package, which doesn’t appear able to provide track and other metadata to the host system.

So, two questions: 1 - any possibility of Ropieee supporting alternative displays, and 2 - if not, are you able to give any hints as to how to use the Roon API to extract real time track data from the server?

thanks!

Roon themselves provide a display to a browser.

You’ll end up quite immersed in the api if you decide to go that route.

Natively roon support JavaScript/ node.

I support a python library (which isn’t officially supported).

If you let me know which language I can point you in the right direction.

But the off the shelf solutions are far less work if they work for you.

js/node is my preferred environment for new dev. I’m just surprised that, given the exposure in the API that you describe, that the core RoonBridge package doesn’t provide that - or, if it does - that the Pi distros don’t pick it up. I’m trying to understand that. I’m not (and wouldn’t be) a Chromecast user, but am surprised that the different stacks aren’t feature equivalent. A real PITA

The built in browser display is pretty good - certainly advise taking a look.

That aside there is no built in display I’m aware of aside of the app.

If you’re a node/js guy you won’t find diving into the api too hard.