Alternatives to Roon and Volumio

Roon Server Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi,

Has anyone got any alternatives that they would recommend. I’veused both Roon and Volumio through Raspberry Pi and both are crap. Volumio was really bad. I have posted support tickets re: Roon but no one is really interested in helping. I don’t mind paying some money, I think RPI might not be the way to go. Throw some ideas out please.

What are you trying to accomplish?
If you are looking for software to make an endpoint for Roon on a RPi I would try RoPieee on the RPi.

If you filled out he template, in your first post, so we knew what your setup looks like and describe your goal and what the issues you have experienced we could help much better… :slight_smile:

I have six Raspberry Pis set up as Roon endpoints in two different locations and all work very well with Roon. I use Ropieee on most of them, although one uses Dietpi. I suggest you try Ropieee and if you have any issues participate in the Ropieee group in this community.

Apparently used ropiee already.

Don’t know what
" have posted support tickets re: Roon but no one is really interested in helping." were as there are just a couple of old posts from Feb under this user id.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.