Am I missing something? Where is the supposed album info Roon promises?

Cable Company.

“Signal shared” - not sure what that means. Internet. All I can say is that when I changed my internet and phone to the Cable company that provides the TV, they gave me a new Modem. It’s beautiful! So I’m not sure how the internet could be “shared” with the community. Most everyone now has their own network. I can see them when I look at where my network shows up.

All I can say is that the tax program did download from the internet. And maybe that affected Quobuz? Or Roon?

I have not ripped anything yet. But have placed lots of music in the Library section in Roon - from Quobuz. (Maybe a couple are left from Tidal)

I’ve tried to use the Radio also. But that won’t play either! (I tried a couple of radio stations I had played and saved.)

Streaming hi-res audio takes a lot of bandwidth. If you have some local music (ripped CDs) we could try that and see if the same issue recurs. If it does, we could rule out the Internet and streaming as the source of the problem.

I’ve had to throttle my Qobuz to CD quality because of similar hangups. However, CD quality is fine with me.

Bill, I did actually phone the internet company and asked them if I had enough bandwith for streaming music. And a technician told me there was no problem that streaming music used very little bandwidth.

But I could call them again. I would rather pay for more bandwidth than settle for less music, especially as yesterday I paid the whole year of Quobuz for the higher level. The $150/year.

All day no problem. But maybe it happened when the tax program downloaded an update. But that lasted only a short while. Otherwise I use the program right inside my computer.

1 Like

Ok, you should be good there with the internet access provided by the cable company and not shared. But everything you mentioned, Roon radio, items in your library that were added from Tidal/Qobus all require internet. Only the ripped files do not require a healthy internet connection.

Try accessing the Nucleus to see if it is responding. That would be the page where you did the format for your internal SSD. If that looks ok then its possible you need to power cycle your Router or Modem. I have had to do that to restore communications in the past.

I’m gonna have a bite to eat. Then see if I can rip some CDs. And hope and pray!

Ok. There could be any number of things that can interrupt internet service and streaming, but all you need is electricity for Roon to play your ripped files.

But my internet service is not in any way affected. I can even stream music to this iPad, which to me sounds terrible.

But I can’t get that “pause” to go away in Roon!

I will call the internet provider. And talk to a technician. But this very confusing to me. It is stuck in Pause.

Try checking the Nucleus by accessing the Web page where you did the format for your internal SSD. Or go the the Queue page, lower right hand side next to your zone selection and speaker icon. On the Queue page, upper right you should see an X Clear Upcoming or X Clear all. Click Upcoming if it there there then Clear all. If Roon is working you should be albe to start over with a selection.

Sorry to throw all this at you. Just trying to think of something that will help.

If you’re seeing these posts then the internet is working. At least partially.

The internet is working completely. I can navigate anywhere on the internet.

I’m not sure where the webpage is where I formatted the internal SSD. I click on storage. But it doesn’t say SSD is there now. But maybe I’m looking in the wrong place.

Also I see nowhere on the upper right where I can clear anything. though I think I may have tried that before. Somewhere. But now I see no place to make that happen.

The Queue is blank. Even though it says on the top that there are 36 more tracks. I think Roon thinks the Passion album is still in a play mode. Because there is a pause indicator. but of course nothing is playing. So nothing to pause.

I appreciate you trying to help me. I feel totally helpless here. Though I keep looking . I cannot clear upcoming or clear all - because they are not there!

This has nothing to do with your internet provider.

If your are trying to stop the Pause from your iPad then shutdown and restart Roon Remote on your iPad. It sounds like the app is frozen.

If you have cable, more than likely you have more than enough bandwidth.
Don’t buy more because of the current problem. Something else is causing that.

OK, from the Menu - settings - setup - configure - then click on the blue IP address. That will bring up the web page.

On the lower right corner of your Roon screen, you should see three ICONS. First says Queue, second is the device you are trying to play to. Third is a picture of a speaker. Click on the second ICON and find your device and make sure it is not paused. Also, make sure it is the correct device. You may have multiple devices available.

I have only one device. When I click on it, as you said to do, how would I know if it were paused?

There is something at the bottom that says “pause all devices” - but I can’t click on that. But I see that my device is supposedly playing the Bach Passion. It tells me that in the box with MAC7200.

1. Every once in a while when I see the playlist of all the tracks, I see that there is a little rectangle right where everything stopped. And that same small rectangular icon is also in front of the Bach Passion when I click on my device (the only one that’s connected to the Nucleus.). And I did check. Everything is connected as it should be.

The Nucleus is “on” but the little yellow light is not blinking. Should it be blinking? Or not?

If it is paused, you will see the triangle laying on it’s side. If it is playing, you will see the bars jumping up and down.

Trying to reply to Slim, who said above:

“If your are trying to stop the Pause from your iPad then shutdown and restart Roon Remote on your iPad. It sounds like the app is frozen.’

I’ve tried several times to shut down Roon but it always reconnects at exactly this frozen place.

I agree with you that this does not appear to be generated (or stalled) due to the internet provider. Who did tell me I had plenty of bandwidth for what I was proposing to do.

Do you mean I should delete Roon altogether? And reinstall it? From the Ap store?

No bars are jumping up and down. But the triangle is not laying on its side.

What I see is: l l

Two parallel bars. Like you would click on to “pause.” (And on either side of them the backward and forward triangles on their sides, but I can’t click those either.) I agree that the Ap is frozen. Because while I can click to go from one place to another, I cannot either make the music start again. Or see anything listed in the Queue. (Even though the Queue thinks there are 36 tracks yet to play!)

Maybe you should try shutting down every device that has Roon software including computer, iPhone, iPad, and Nucleus. Then wait a couple of minutes and restart your Nucleus. Give it time to reboot, then restart your favorite control device (iPad, etc.). That will probably release whatever has it stopped.

That sounds worth a try.

It’s better than giving up…

Thank you, Jim!

SUCCESS!!!

IT IS PLAYING AGAIN.

I will remember this in future. As a last ditch solution. (I even restarted the router.).

As my son would say: “It’s all good.”

Now I’m going downstairs and get myself a nice big salad. Cheers!

1 Like

Even if you withdrew your post, I am sending thanks for your help!

Except when I get into a problem I am really enjoying my Nucleus and the Roon (for a lifetime). And the Quobuz.

3 Likes