Amazon Fire Max 11 - for remote?

I’ve had a search - both external google and local forum and surprised myself by finding no refs to this tablet.

It may be that my searching is poor but in case not -

Assuming Google Play is side loaded onto the Max 11 -

1. Will Remote install & work?
  2. Will it work well / what issues would I see?

You will find lots about the Fire HD tablets though

1 Like

The remote is on the Amazon App Store I believe so no need for Google. Many users have the 8 or 10 and use them with no issues. Can’t see why the 11 would be any different it’s just new on the scene.

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies.

Hadn’t realised Remote is on Amazons App Store - that answers the question pretty well!

How are you finding this as a remote @r_t ?
Good touchscreen?
Snappy performance?

1 Like

Replied to this earlier by replying to the Roon mail, but see from the auto response in my inbox, it wasnt delivered for some reason…

Not yet used it as a remote - not currently using Roon for my music, but will do hopefully in the not to distant future.

Finding it better as a tablet than the old HD8 I had - no surprise ofc.

Only down side I’ve spotted so far is the display seems a little slow to react to rapid sequential taps - ie when I type my pwd. I have to do it slower than on the HD8, or it misses some of the characters - not a show stopper by any means but worth mentioning.

Thanks @r_t

Picked one up in the Black Friday sale. Deep discount and I bought the stylus too.

I’m enjoying it so far, and I think the response times during browsing use is pretty good, especially compared with all of my older “true android” devices.

I’m seeing more ‘hangs’ than I’d expected- when the app just stops responding. we have an iPad Pro 12.9 which still seems more stable.
I’m struggling to assess whether the cause is

1. my old & overloaded ROCK server
  2. weaker hardware spec of the Fire Max 11 compared with the iPad Pro or
  3. poor Amazon Roon remote app implementation?

I’m also slightly concerned that with Amazon’s departure from all things Google, their Fire devices may become another branch-too-many for the Roon development community. If the Amazon app wi continue to have the exact same codebase as android, then I’d hope there’ll be no problem.

I’d be keen for the Roon team to allay this concern.

Yes its definitely much faster / smoother than my old HD8.

Improvement in quality feeling when handling / using it too.

Still not used it for Roon, so cant add there, but I do find Chrome hangs mid browsing quite often - need to dismiss the app and restart.

The Roon Remote app works great on the Fire Max 11. I also run it on a Galaxy Tab S8+ and I can’t tell any real difference in performance.